JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   worried (pregnancy mentioned) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/1564178-worried-pregnancy-mentioned.html)

silver11princess May 17th, 2009 10:41 AM

worried (pregnancy mentioned)

I am so worried about this baby. I have absolutely no reason. I have seen this baby 3 times on ultrasound, and all 3 were great. I go for another one this upcoming Thursday. I don't know if I'm having such a hard time because today is 5 months to the day that we said goodbye to Robert. I also don't know if it's because I really believed that by now, I would be able to hear the baby on doppler and I still cannot (I know this is super early). I also think I worry a little more because we got pregnant so fast after losing Robert (only 3 months!) and I was so far along with him, that I worry my body can't support another pregnancy so fast. I mean I am nauseous all the time, I eat all the time, so I know those things are fine, but I guess I also stress myself out because I have read so much about others early losses. AHHH!!! I am trying so hard to just chill out, but it's not working. I wish Thursday would come faster!!!!! How did all of you deal with being pregnant the next time? I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but it is REALLY hard. Any advice?

LaLaLa1 May 17th, 2009 11:30 AM

Re: worried (pregnancy mentioned)

I haven't yet gotten pregnant after losing Katrina, but I think I can honestly say your feelings are absolutely normal. I am so excited to be pregnant again, but sooo terrified at the same time.

And 8 weeks is very early to hear the heartbeat.

I'm not going to tell you not to worry, because everyone in our situation is going to do that regardless. But just know that what you're feeling is normal. Sorry I'm not the best person to give advice on this ;)

:dothug:

claire1979 May 17th, 2009 11:37 AM

i was the same to the very second keeley was born it natural hun just take one day at a time :wub:

BellaBellski May 17th, 2009 11:40 AM

One day at a time is exactly right :) I'm almost 19 weeks and I've had 3 ultrasounds, all were perfect, yet I wake up every morning scared that I'm going to lose the baby. Especially as I approach 21 weeks (when I lost D) I'm super stressed out!!! I can't wait to have this baby in my arms, I think until that happens - it's normal to be scared.

liz bevan May 17th, 2009 01:51 PM

I haven't been pregnant since we lost Malachi in december. I can only image what that would feel like. I know that if i was in your shoes i would be a wreak. I will keep you in my thoughts
:dothug::dothug::dothug:

rebeccabaltimore and more May 17th, 2009 06:27 PM

I was told by my very talented OB nurse that you just can't hear a heartbeat on Doppler until at least 10 weeks. So not hearing it now is normal I think. And I think it is DEFINITELY normal to be afraid this time around.

silver11princess May 17th, 2009 08:55 PM

Thank you all for the kind words and the reassurance. I just cannot wait for Thursday to get here! I want to think that the 2nd trimester will be a little easier on me, at least before the really stressful 3rd trimester, but I don't know if I believe that it will be :-(

Brittanie May 18th, 2009 11:21 AM

Having had two babies since my loss...I have to agree with the "one day at a time" thing. I had to remind myself that as far as I knew so far, everything was okay. So I tried to make myself believe everything would still be okay. I found forcing myself to be positive was better than dwelling on every small thing that could go wrong every minute.

You'll make it, and it will be SO WONDERFUL when the baby gets here. :dothug:

BakingMommy May 19th, 2009 07:34 AM

I actually held it together pretty good until about 2 weeks ago. Here I am at the end of the first trimester and I'm more worried than I was before. I think it's natural that we feel more impatient, worrisome and anxious than women who haven't had a stillbirth or at least some sort of loss.

In a way though, I think stillbirth makes you more anxious. Because you were far enough along i nyour pregnancy to have to give birth and you thought you were safe, beyond the point of miscarriage. But if they have already given you 3 ultrasounds hopefully they will keep giving you the extra care to help try to ease your mind.

I know with Roald we got a heartbeat at 9.5 weeks on U/S, but it took them until I was 16 weeks to get it on the doppler. But this pregnancy, we got thre heartbeat on the doppler at 12 weeks. I also think some nurses and doctors are better at finding it earlier.