JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   Have a Birth Control question for you girls.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/1786417-have-birth-control-question-for-you-girls.html)

lex1078 November 28th, 2009 11:58 AM

Have a Birth Control question for you girls....

I started taking Yaz BCP November 1st and this past Wednesday, I started taking the placebo pills. Starting on/about November 11th, everyday for about one week I had spotting. I know breakthrough bleeding is common so I wasn't worried about it. Now, since taking the placebo pills I haven't gotten AF yet. Has this ever happened to anyone? I've been on other BCP and I always got AF, usually within 2 days of taking the placebo. I start taking my hormone pills again tomorrow and it's just concerning me a bit that I haven't gotten AF yet. I really don't think I can be preggers. I actually hope I'm not preggers.... but this is the kind of thing that would happen to me. Maybe when DH and I go to the store I'll pick up a couple HPT's just to make sure.

Any in site would helpful! Thanks girls!

littlebeansmommy November 28th, 2009 12:27 PM

Re: Have a Birth Control question for you girls....

I always got my period by the time I started back on the regular hormone pills, and I didn't really experience any spotting.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I do want to caution you on Yaz though, have you seen the commericals that yaz can cause serious health problems? I was only on it about 2 months max because it drove my hormones crazy and I was always thinking I was pregnant and couldn't take it any more. Shortly after I threw the pack away (in the middle of the pack) I got pregnant with DS #2. I will always wonder if the wacky hormones in yaz played any part in that loss. I know there are a lot of women who like yaz, but personally, I won't ever touch it again. Too many unanswered questions.

Hope you're able to get some answers.

NutMeg76 November 28th, 2009 01:04 PM

I can't help you since I don't take hormonal birth control.

But, all forms of hormonal birth control cause the problems that Yaz cause. I think Yaz is worse than other forms, but they all can cause blot clots, gallbladder issues, stroke and pulmonary embolism, etc. That is part of the reason I don't use it.

SarahBethsMommy November 28th, 2009 05:20 PM

It took about 3 months for my periods to regulate to fit within the time of the placebo pills. Before that I'd spot, or even have my period during the regular pills. I never took Yaz, though.

LaLaLa1 November 28th, 2009 09:13 PM

Sorry Steph, I can't help you on that. I was on TriCyclen for about 7 years before getting off of them and never had a single problem with it.

Hope you get it figured out soon.

lex1078 November 29th, 2009 06:07 AM

Ugh.. well AF showed this morning. Right as I'm too start taking the hormone pills again. I just hate BCP's. I'm hoping that in January I can come off of them and DH and I can do a little NTNP.

LaLaLa1 November 29th, 2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lex1078 (Post 18119040)
I'm hoping that in January I can come off of them and DH and I can do a little NTNP.

I think that NTNP is the best way to go. Then you won't become so stressed and fixated each month on only getting pregnant. I was way too obsessed with my OPKs, charting, etc, and seriously only wanted to DTD when I knew I was ovulating. It puts too much stress on the body and way too much stress on the guy because he knows you're only interested in his sperm for one reason ;) - which really did become the only reason for me.