JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   An update on me (loss mentioned, x-posted) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/2097611-update-me-loss-mentioned-x-posted.html)

~Laurie~ September 8th, 2010 08:09 AM

An update on me (loss mentioned, x-posted)

I haven't been around the last couple of weeks, and I am sorry to have just disappeared like I have. I went to my IPS ultrasound on the 18th and learned that the baby didn't have a heartbeat. The baby seems to have passed earlier that day or the day before (baby still measured over 13 weeks), so I was sent home to wait to miscarry.
I knew that I should come here and let you all know what was going on, but with Declan's birthday and a crazy work schedule, it was everything I could do to keep it together.
I waited two weeks and had no signs of miscarrying, although further ultrasounds showed no change. I had a D&C last Thursday and they have collected tissue for cytogenetic testing, although I don't have a lot of faith in that. Apparently I was bleeding excessively during my D&C, so I have been pretty ill due to blood loss. I am still feeling pretty terrible physically, and I'm not doing very well emotionally, either. I honestly don't think I can do this anymore - physically or emotionally - and giving up our dream of having a baby is.... I don't have words for it, actually. Again, I am sorry to have deserted everyone. I wish you all the best.

MeganMomof5 September 8th, 2010 08:56 AM

Re: An update on me (loss mentioned, x-posted)

Oh Laurie, i'm crying reading your post...I'm so sad for you :( I wish there was something more I could do...I hate seeing all these deserving mom's lose their much wanted and loved babies :( Please if you need anyone to talk to i'm here (((Hugs)))

noworries September 8th, 2010 04:31 PM

Laurie, this breaks my heart. This is so unfair. I am so sorry, I wish there was something I could say and do but I know that nothing will make things better.

Elsa September 8th, 2010 08:51 PM

Oh Laurie, there aren't words. My heart is absolutely breaking for you. I've been wondering about you a lot lately, and I'm so very sorry to read this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mom 2 Avery September 8th, 2010 09:05 PM

Bless your heart....I am so very sorry for your loss...
Keeping you in my prayers!

Hugs
Dawna

claire1979 September 8th, 2010 11:26 PM

aww hun im so very sorry, words fail me :dothug:

Brittanie September 9th, 2010 07:28 AM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This is so unfair, I'm so sorry honey. :cry:

Aeterna September 9th, 2010 01:59 PM

Oh, Laurie. I'm so, so sorry, mama. My heart just breaks for you. It is so unfair. So, so sorry. My heart goes out to you and yours. (((hugs)))

liz bevan September 9th, 2010 02:58 PM

That just completly breaks my heart.
I am so sorry.
I know this must be a very difficult time.
:dothug::dothug::dothug::dothug:

DIANA092778 September 9th, 2010 05:38 PM

Laurie I am so sorry for your loss again :( this makes me very sad! You are in my T&P.

I lost my Emma at 12w 5d in March 2010 and also had to go through a D&C
I also had given hope on having another baby but have recently decided to try one more time! I hope you feel better physically and emotionally real soon and maybe consider having your rainbow baby but if you don't I understand and will support you in any decision and I am always here to listen or just to talk!

LaLaLa1 September 9th, 2010 08:13 PM

OMG Laurie :( I am so very sorry.

:dothug:

helen123 September 10th, 2010 10:24 AM

words cannot describe how sorry I am.
I know that Nothing I say will make it better for you! This isn't fair!
:dothug:

laurakatee September 11th, 2010 07:18 AM

omg. I am so so sorry you are going through this...again. I cannot say enough how unfair this is. My god. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

HopefulMommy81 September 11th, 2010 12:35 PM

:dothug: I am so sorry to hear about this, hon. You are in my T&P and I hope you heal quickly. We are here for you no matter what!