JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   I hate the first 15 days of October (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/2122480-i-hate-first-15-days-october.html)

rebeccabaltimore and more October 4th, 2010 11:44 AM

I hate the first 15 days of October

Day after day this half of October, Facebook post after Facebook post, I am reminded of what I lost because we are raising awareness of what we all have lost. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my babies, and I think about them too much now that I have post-traumatic stress issues, but I guess it's all of the extra reminders that are hard. And just as hard is the constant understanding that this. keeps. happening. To other moms, other families. To all of my friends. I can't get away from it, it's like a hall of mirrors, each reflecting back at me my pain and suffering and grief and the grief of my family, friends, and women I have never even met. 1 in 4 pregnancies ends in m/c. 1 in 117 ends in stillbirth. There are no accurate statistics for TFMR, because no one ever talks about it thanks to a heaping helping of shame and judgment.

It was hard enough last year when it was just Ethan. But now I'm up to three lost children. And I have not forgiven myself for ending the co-triplets' lives. And more than anything, I am not coping well with the unfairness of it all, the horrible choices we had to make THREE times. Holding Ethan in my hands. Seeing Baby B and Baby C on half a dozen u/s, floating silent and still while their brother wiggled underneath. And we have so many new faces on this board. I feel anger - why does this keep happening to other families? Isn't my suffering enough? Buddha made a religion out of his realization that life is suffering, and while that's true, he was probably so serene about it because he had never lost a child. More than anything, I just can't bear the weight of the grief we all share.

We need to raise awareness, particularly of TFMR and stillbirth. No one thinks it can happen to them. I just wish I didn't have to be so aware while we are doing it.

MeganMomof5 October 4th, 2010 02:44 PM

Re: I hate the first 15 days of October

I agree with you 100%...I post a lot in the TTCAL board...It's so sad that so many of these woman have loss after loss...I hate seeing it happen to anyone...Stillbirth or miscarriage...Some never get answers as to why they have so many losses.

I also hate October...it was once a happy month for me, my daughters birthday, my anniversary, halloween (the start of the holiday's) and now it's a sad reminder of everything i've lost...I hate it.

claire1979 October 4th, 2010 11:24 PM

Re: I hate the first 15 days of October

awww i know hun, while its good raising awareness its the upfront for reminders in this month, not that we need reminding huh! big hugs darling (())