JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   ARGH my DDC drives me crazy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/2220280-argh-my-ddc-drives-me-crazy.html)

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy January 16th, 2011 09:33 PM

ARGH my DDC drives me crazy

They keep talking about how when they hit 12 weeks they are SAFE

OMG THEY ARE NEVER SAFE!!

Just because the magic 12 week number hits, doesn't mean your baby won't die at some point -

I guess it is the innoncence that irritates me

sorry had to vent.

claire1979 January 16th, 2011 11:20 PM

Re: ARGH my DDC drives me crazy

that was me before losin jessica! your right jenn the innocence and niavity (sp)
if only they knew! god fobid they don't!!!

.:Stace:. January 17th, 2011 07:15 AM

You are sooooo right!
I cringe whenever I hear people say that .... "oh I'm 12 weeks - I'm in the safe zone now". I actually want to shake those people and scream!!!
Pregancy is safe when it is over and your crying baby is in your arms. Sadly we in this group have learned that the hard way :(

noworries January 17th, 2011 07:25 AM

Hopefully none of them will have to learn the hard way.

MeganMomof5 January 17th, 2011 10:22 AM

That's something that drives me crazy! i'll never forget seeing a post on facebook (not from anyone on JM) saying "i'm 14 weeks...I'm safe now" UGH I wanted to say something, but never did.

liz bevan January 17th, 2011 12:32 PM

I have to say I thought the same way.
Now I know that unless I have the baby in my arms and see he/she breathing I will worry

Brittanie January 17th, 2011 02:14 PM

Yeah, I hate that. I really do. Sometimes it's hard to just bite your tongue.

Though, I admit, it bothers me even more when I see someone in PAL say that.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy January 17th, 2011 03:31 PM

There are people waiting till 12 weeks to announce it cause it is safe
I announced early - I wanted to share every moment with my friends

austinmommy3 January 17th, 2011 07:08 PM

That drove me crazy in my DDC too! They just couldn't understand why I was so guarded, reserved, and had a hard time being excited. Then when I went into the hospital at the beginning of December all they could say "at least you are being monitored and they can get the baby out and he will be fine" Sometimes I wish I could be so oblivious in pregnancy again, no worries or concerns.

Jodi Dawn January 17th, 2011 07:13 PM

first congrats on your pregnancy!!

It drives me nuts too.... a friend of a friend just has her baby at 38 wks she was stillborn. a mom on fb was posting how she was so sad and mad cuz everyone was having their baby before her.. I was so ready to let her have it and tell her not to be mad cuz not everyone gets to bring their baby home and the time will come for her to have her baby

AliciaF January 17th, 2011 08:59 PM

I haven't even joined my DDC this time.

austinmommy3 January 18th, 2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodi Dawn (Post 22773076)
first congrats on your pregnancy!!

It drives me nuts too.... a friend of a friend just has her baby at 38 wks she was stillborn. a mom on fb was posting how she was so sad and mad cuz everyone was having their baby before her.. I was so ready to let her have it and tell her not to be mad cuz not everyone gets to bring their baby home and the time will come for her to have her baby

Someone should literally slap her!

I am so sorry for your friend's friend. My oldest daughter was born sleeping at 38 weeks, big hugs to her.

Jodi Dawn January 18th, 2011 05:48 PM

thanks. the girl is still in high school also. I am sure its going to be hard for her to return to school.

austinmommy3 January 19th, 2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodi Dawn (Post 22785168)
thanks. the girl is still in high school also. I am sure its going to be hard for her to return to school.

Poor thing, I hope she has support or can be directed to seek some. :(

HopefulMommy81 January 20th, 2011 09:56 AM

I totally understand, and we're in the same DDC! I just skip those posts mostly. I hate that I can't be worry-free and just happy-go-lucky....ignorance sometimes is bliss I think.

CrystalAnne February 7th, 2011 05:57 PM

Women in my DDC are all excited because they have "reached the point of viability" . . .I don't mention that people have full term stillborns. I dont' want to hurt them and I truly envy their ignorance!

~Tanya~ February 10th, 2011 05:06 PM

I understand completely... Even knowing that there is always a risk, I waited to tell people IRL about my last pregnancy till I was 16 weeks, thinking there was no way anything would go wrong - I had really felt that I would have my little man in my arms - if only I knew! I mostly wait to tell people so my kids won't be hurt if anything was wrong - now w/ my next pregnancy if I am so blessed, I won't ever feel comfortable enough to tell them :(

Brittanie February 10th, 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalAnne (Post 22995691)
Women in my DDC are all excited because they have "reached the point of viability" . . .I don't mention that people have full term stillborns. I dont' want to hurt them and I truly envy their ignorance!

There's a blog I follow where she just hit viability. It's huge for her because she's never gotten this far before, and I understand that. But she said "It's good to know that *worst case scenario* if she were born right now she could survive."

My thought? No, worst case scenario is her dying before she's born. **sigh** I'm not going to say anything, she deserves her happiness.

MeganMomof5 February 11th, 2011 08:16 AM

I've already seen it in my DDC, people talking about making it to 12 weeks...12 weeks is nothing! i've had 2 losses after 12 weeks...I wont say anything...I guess it's nice to have that innocence, I wish I did.

noworries February 11th, 2011 08:26 AM

Megan - I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats and sending tons of baby cement your way.

Brittanie - If you are talking about who I think you are, I totally understand. I usually hate it when people talk about that magic 24 week viability but with her, she just needs to enjoy every milestone to the fullest and I celebrate alongside her.