JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   How do you cope? (pg mentioned) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/2224320-how-do-you-cope-pg-mentioned.html)

HopefulMommy81 January 20th, 2011 10:00 AM

How do you cope? (pg mentioned)

OK, so I am now almost 9 weeks pregnant, yay! I know Matthew was fine until 17 weeks, but I also had two really early losses before him, so I at least hope I'm over the hurdle from that happening. For those of you who've had your rainbow baby(s), did you have bad dreams during that pregnancy? I've had a few and they really freak me out. I even tested again today to make sure the line was dark! I have my next ultrasound on 2/1 and that feels like lightyears away! I do have nausea daily, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I know I will be closely monitored this time, and I'm getting a cerclage around 13 weeks which they hope will help, and at least it won't hurt anything.

MeganMomof5 January 20th, 2011 10:05 AM

Re: How do you cope? (pg mentioned)

I hope everything goes smoothly for you :)

I didn't make it to my loss point with Ella, but I know that in the 2nd pregnancy I lost at 15 weeks, I was a mess! my doctor told me it would only get worse...I think it's normal in pregnancy after a loss...Pregnancy will never be the same...I don't have any advice, but i'm sure everything your feeling is very normal (((hugs)))

HopefulMommy81 January 20th, 2011 10:06 AM

Thank you Megan! <3

claire1979 January 20th, 2011 12:31 PM

honesty? i didnt.i was a complete mess every day :dothug:

Brittanie January 21st, 2011 08:20 AM

Well, since Cora was term when she died, it's like a snowball going downhill for me, it just gets worse and worse and worse.

Yes, I've had bad dreams. I've already had one this pregnancy. It's hard to shake. with Patrick I had nightmares of him being stillborn every night past the point I lost Cora, and that was really hard (and one of the reasons we ended up inducing and will be planning on inducing this go around).

I never feel "safe" while pregnant.

austinmommy3 January 21st, 2011 08:55 PM

I have to say that I am just a total paranoid freak the whole time. I have had losses at various stages of pregnancy all the way up to term, so it just is emotionally draining. I had horrible vivid dreams every time. This last pregnancy I was put in the hospital multiple times and was in for a month before Christian was born. I wish there was something I could tell you to make it easier, but sadly there are no words. On a happier note, congratulations and I will keep you in my thoughts for a healthy, easy pregnancy.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy January 22nd, 2011 08:19 AM

this is my third pregnancy (i had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and 8 weeks as well) since I lost Rebecca and I am still a nervous wreck and will be until the baby is handed to me and looks at me!

hang in there
I am here if you wanna talk!

HopefulMommy81 January 22nd, 2011 12:36 PM

Thank you, ladies! At least I know my fear/feelings are normal! I just want the next 31 days to go by quickly so I can bring home my little tater tot!

noworries January 22nd, 2011 04:06 PM

You just take it a day at time and do your best. It's hard. All your feelings are completely normal. I just had to tell myself constantly that this is a different pregnancy and different baby.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy January 22nd, 2011 07:47 PM

I think you meant 31 weeks
I wish we just had 31 days left!