JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   Update! :) (Pregnancy Mentioned!) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/2288496-update-pregnancy-mentioned.html)

HopefulMommy81 March 28th, 2011 02:24 PM

Update! :) (Pregnancy Mentioned!)

Hi ladies!
I realized I never updated you all on our little Tater Tot recently ;) I got a phone call last Monday from the high-risk peri office while I slept (I worked Sunday and Monday nights) saying my full integrated screening was back and to call. So of course, I freaked out but by the time I got the message, they were closed for the day. They never called about Matthew's, so I knew it wasn't good. I went to work Monday night, got in my car Tuesday morning, and called until they answered/opened. The marker for Downs came back high (not super high, but 1 in 77 instead of 1 in 240). They didn't want me to wait until my scheduled appt (which was supposed to be today), so I said fine, I will come in today (the day I called). They got me an appt at 2 pm that day, and thankfully baby looked PERFECT! Didn't want to cooperate, but finally did and we found out Tater Tot= PRINCESS Tater!!! Yay! I have to admit, I was relieved she's a girl- the thought of having a boy right now was super scary. She looked perfect- none of the soft markers (physical) came back as abnormal, so they aren't worried. I will go back every 6 weeks, but I was going to do that anyway, since apparently my PAPP-A is low and that can indicate a risk of IUGR or preeclampsia, though again, the doctor said she doesnt' see that often, but with my history, they want to be sure.
I also am starting my Subsequent Pregnancy support group this afternoon! It's with the same organization that our previous support group was through and I am looking forward to it. Jason is coming with me this time but I'm not sure he will be able to come every time since it's at 4 every other Monday.
I hope all of you are doing well!

austinmommy3 March 28th, 2011 05:00 PM

Re: Update! :) (Pregnancy Mentioned!)

Oh my dear I am SO EXCITED for you!! Funny thing, my rainbow babies have always been opposite sex of their angel siblings before them. I am so so so happy that she looks so wonderful, is doing well, and the tests are coming back happy news.

oregongirl March 28th, 2011 05:28 PM

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

noworries March 28th, 2011 07:36 PM

Yay! Congrats on your healthy little girl.

HopefulMommy81 March 28th, 2011 09:26 PM

Thank you, ladies!

claire1979 March 28th, 2011 11:18 PM

aww fab news hun, congrats on your princess

~Laurie~ March 29th, 2011 01:20 PM

That's wonderful news!

liz bevan March 30th, 2011 01:32 PM

congrats :)