JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   question about baby names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/2418917-question-about-baby-names.html)

BlessednHighlyFavored September 22nd, 2011 11:04 AM

question about baby names

me and hubby are thinking about concieving again soon. the thought came up that if we had another boy that hubby wanted to name him Napoleon Isabell IIII. Our deceased son is Napoleon III. WOULD you consider doing that if you were in my situation?

claire1979 September 23rd, 2011 05:14 AM

Re: question about baby names

i thought about naming keeley..... by jessica's middle name but lee really didn't want to said he wanted them to have seperate names

noworries September 23rd, 2011 07:02 AM

We thought about using some kind of variation of Eli's name for Isaac's middle name but decided on something totally different. I wouldn't want to use the same first name but it's totally up to you guys what you want to do.

Brittanie September 24th, 2011 11:40 AM

Do whatever you want and makes you feel comfortable.

Matt and I had decided on the name Cora Rei before we were even engaged. When we were told that she had died, we briefly considered naming her something else, and giving another child the name Cora.

But we'd been calling her by her name for months, and we realized that she was Cora, and nobody else, and nobody else was Cora. We've given all of our children different names.

I would LOVE for one of my children to name their daughter for my Cora, either first or middle name. My mother has the middle name of a brother who died, I have the middle name of my dad's sister who died, and I gave my most recent baby the middle name of my sister who was stillborn. But I will not be naming another child Cora's name. It isn't something I would do if she hadn't died, so I think it would hurt me too much to do it.

oregongirl October 10th, 2011 04:15 PM

We had thought that if this baby was a boy, we would use Carter as a middle name, but we're having a girl. I agree w/ Brittiani, you do what makes you happy.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy October 16th, 2011 06:09 AM

you are going to do what you are comfortable with - I personally wouldn't do it because hearing the name constantly would hurt me but since the new baby would be the 4th that means it is a name you hear on a more regular basis.

What about making the name still the 4th but calling the baby by the middle name rather than the first name.

I thought long and hard about using Rebecca's name in Kaitlin's middles names - but I couldn't do it, I wanted Rebecca to be her own and Kaitlin to be her own. I would be so touched if my children used their sisters name as a middle name in memory of her - I can see my oldest son doing this.

A friend used her cousin's first name that was stillborn for her son's middle name - very touching and then on his birth announcements she put "you carry the name of an angel"