JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Stillbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/)
-   -   IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OUR RECENT DISCUSSIONS.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f198-stillbirth/276194-important-information-regarding-our-recent-discussions.html)

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 9th, 2006 11:07 PM

Hi Ladies -

I wish to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to respond to my orginal post about stillbirth pictures in our signatures not only in this forum but in all forums - as I post here but in April 2005 playroom and more as well and my signature follows me.

Here is the decision I have gotten from Patty --

"Well after reading through the thread it is pretty clear that this is an important issue for the moms on the board. I have decided to change our policy on this. We will give any future complaining members about stillbirth photos instructions on how to turn off signatures and/or how to put members on their ignore list if they do not feel comfortable viewing stillbirth siggies."

I hope that this is good for all of us - I completely agree with this - if you want to have a picture of your angel in your signature then by all means DO IT - if there are complaints other will be told how to turn off signatures.

:dothug:

lizzy27 August 10th, 2006 01:13 AM

I think that's a great solution!!

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 10th, 2006 05:04 AM

Thanks lizzy - I just hope everyone feels like this

fallsbaby August 10th, 2006 08:48 AM

I like to fight the battles that are worth fighting for. I think that having this change is just one more step towards having people acknowledge our children. I know not everyone agress with me.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 10th, 2006 09:12 AM

I agree - nothing bugs me more when others ignore the fact that I have a little girl as well

lizard August 10th, 2006 06:28 PM

I am glad that this was the decision that was made. I think that is the most fair way to resolve the situation.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 11th, 2006 05:09 AM

:ditto:

ojosmom August 11th, 2006 02:42 PM

Wow, awesome. Thanks for fighting.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 11th, 2006 11:49 PM

We all fought for what was right

hayleysmom August 13th, 2006 02:03 PM

I am so glad that was the decision made thats why I love JM so much they take everyones feelings and opinions very highly and listen to what we have to say. Everyone has a right to have there children in there siggys whether they are angels or not that right should never be taken away from anyone!

kaila August 13th, 2006 04:18 PM

Glad this decision was made.

Thank you! :smile:

4iris August 15th, 2006 08:35 AM

I'm so thankful that JM decided to do what was right instead of what was easy. Every baby is beautiful and every mom deserves to show them off.

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy August 18th, 2006 12:05 AM

it wasn't the easy way out for JM so please don't think that at all - it was trying to find a common ground for everyone.

tonyarn August 18th, 2006 12:15 PM

I wasn't involved in the whole situation, but I do agree that what was done was the right thing.

Mom2LinaNangels February 14th, 2007 08:35 AM

I had no idea that it was not even allowed before. Jordyn has been in mine and nobody said a word. The picture is black and white though and she looks like she is sleeping, so maybe nobody noticed. I am glad to hear I can keep her there. She is my baby just as much as Lina.

tinkymom3 December 10th, 2007 04:39 PM

Glad to see we can still have our BABIES in our siggy, other wise I would have left because my son is my son, I will share him with whom I want and where I want....... I hate when people get all bent out of shape, for god sake these are OUR BABIES

mommy jenn March 16th, 2008 09:30 AM

i still cant believe that somebody complained im still so shocked!!!

Jodi Dawn April 8th, 2008 09:38 PM

great work ladies for standing up for yourselves and your angel babies. I don't see why it would offend people. If someone gets paranoid about seeing the pictures. Well I am glad this info is out there ,(not that I want anyone to ever lose a child), no not to scare them but to make them aware that things can happen. Yes the baby might of be born early and what not but its still a baby. Kudos to all of you!

* I hope that sounds right* Took me awhile to put my feelings all together and type them out.

Melissa02909 April 8th, 2008 10:10 PM

I agree with you Jodi. No matter what a baby is a baby. We all have pictures of our children. For those who pass away, it is important to have momentos.

Melissa

princesskate April 20th, 2008 08:03 AM

hiya, im not a member of this board but i just wanted to say that im glad that you fought for this. everyone deserves to show off their little ones - whether they are angels or not. And as a siggy maker, i want to add that although sometimes it is upsetting to make a siggy of an angel (not because of the photo, but because its upsetting to know that someone has lost a little one) that i do not mind making angel siggys.

kate
xxx

(hope i havnt upset of offended anyone by my post)