JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Student Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f70-student-mommies/)
-   -   Class and labor? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f70-student-mommies/2663985-class-and-labor.html)

ILoveStorm2011 July 6th, 2013 10:10 PM

Class and labor?

So I'm due Sept 30 and I have to take a Pre-calc (I did not test into Calc), calc, and stats to get my associates.
I want my associates already and I really only have those classes, a PE, and 3 more sciences left I think so I was debating on taking my Pre-calc in fall 2013 online. Yes, giving birth in the middle.
So my question is if you had to do it would you just wait? I can audit the class if I need to but I dont know if I even want to do that and have a newborn at the same time.

Maenfayne July 7th, 2013 12:02 AM

Re: Class and labor?

I'm due Sep 27th and plan to take an inclass ASL class. It's two days a week, for two hours each of those days. Since I've taken a year of ASL in the past I'm not worried about actually learning the material. However, I am worried the teacher may mark me down for attendance or something. I figure if I miss a week or two, I'll still know enough to get at the very least a B. Jake will be able to be home with baby while I'm at class, and honestly he's happy to get one on one time alone with newborn baby boy.

For your situation though I'd be wary. I'm only taking this course because I've taken a full year of ASL before in high school. If it was the first time taking it, I'm not sure that I'd go for it. Can you talk to the professor before the class begins to talk about this?

ILoveStorm2011 July 7th, 2013 05:46 PM

I probably can and I have taken pre-calc before but I am not good at math. Like at all. I'm probably lucky to be able to count on my fingers!
Plus I would probably take it 100% online with only having to go to campus for tests, but I also have been taking classes for over 4 semesters straight and I'm wondering if I should just take a break.
My Dh is deployed so I would only have family to watch baby if they can.

Maenfayne July 7th, 2013 10:44 PM

If you feel like you need a break take one. Personally, I can't take a break out of fear I won't go back. I've been going off and on since I graduated HS in 2004 and finally just finished three consecutive terms. This is the first time I have actually done a full year.

Does your school offer online or on campus tutoring? Ours has a great tutoring center that's completely free and really does help. I also HIGHLY recommend the website purplemath.com. It has loads of tutorials that you can go through.

What branch is your hubby in? Thank you, both to him for risking everything for our country, and to you for sharing your loved one for our protection.

ILoveStorm2011 July 9th, 2013 11:29 AM

He's Army. :) And thank-you!
Yeah I know I want to finish it..I'm so close I can take the Associates Degree! I think I'll just e-mail a counselor and see what they think for other options but thank-you for the help! :)

Maenfayne July 11th, 2013 12:13 AM

Keep me updated :)