JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   The Teacher's Lounge (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f299-teachers-lounge/)
-   -   Have you? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f299-teachers-lounge/2549509-have-you.html)

LilSunshine July 15th, 2012 07:29 AM

Have you?

Have you purchased anything for your classroom yet for next year with personal $?

bellasky July 15th, 2012 03:36 PM

Re: Have you?

We bought the Classroom Friendly Supplies sharpener and some Golf Pencils but that's it.

*Angela* July 16th, 2012 08:53 PM

Um...yes...too much...

4 desk caddies
3 center tubs
1 book box
1 hanging organizer
3 phonics card games
1 phonics bingo game
1 phonic teacher book
dry erase markers
3 Leap Frog videos
2 Dr Seuss videos
silly straws for birthdays
beach ball for sight word game
2 rolls of wrapping paper for bulletin boards
Wooden letters to spell READ

Wow that is A LOT when it is all written out.

With school money I bought:
desk plates
door decorations
decorative border
letters
large pirate ship decoration for the hall

BTW we start school in three weeks. I went to school to meet my new team member and there were 7 of us plus the principal up there working. So we are already in school mode.

eiramillek July 20th, 2012 06:36 AM

I've only bought blank discs to copy over my books on CD for the kids. I won't buy stuff until I unpack my classroom and figure out what I need for the upcoming year. I'm unpacking on Monday though! :)

Carwen*Angel July 25th, 2012 11:02 AM

Not teaching next year as have decided not to look for a new post until September 2013 to give me a year just being mummy with my new baby and my older son. Apart from possibly a bit of supply and/or voluntary with the school I've taught at this term, just to add appeal to my CV and keep me in the education loop.

But I am usually TERRIBLY guilty of this. For my one-term contract this summer I purchased a set of Roald Dahl books, further random second-hand Roald Dahl books, a set of Roald Dahl posters, dice and counters for some old Maths games I had, seeds, peat pots, compost, children's tools for planting, bamboo for weaving, reward stampers, stickers and certificates, stationery prizes, decorative pebbles for Art, celery for Science, and extra gluesticks, pencil sharpeners and erasers to replace lost ones as the cupboard was bare when I arrived. Plus storage boxes to arrange the classroom as I wanted it and a few calculators for a Maths club I did with my class.

LilSunshine July 26th, 2012 12:39 PM

I've gotten several things! Some ceiling decorations, binders, bulletin board decorations, shoebox size bins for my cabinets, just to name a few.