JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f52-teen-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   Going back to school (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f52-teen-mommies-and-mommies-to/2565790-going-back-to-school.html)

KatyG August 25th, 2012 08:17 PM

Going back to school

Hey ladies, so I'm going back to school in a couple of weeks and I'm really nervous about leaving the babies, they have never stayed with anybody besides me or my mom. The twins are only 4 months old so I doubt they will even notice I'm gone but I just don't know where to take them. I only visited two daycares and one had 8 babies so mine would make 10 and only had 2 teachers, I don't know if I like that. The other one I just had a bad feeling about a lot of the babies were crying and the teachers weren't even attempting to soothe them. My mom offered to watch them for a few months until I find a place I really like and my dad offered to help pay for a nanny but I wouldn't know where to look or how to interview for something like that. Ughhh I'm just feeling overwhelmed and frustrated with the whole situation so I was wondering what you ladies did when you went back to school.
Thanks in advance for the help

KrissyS September 9th, 2012 03:07 PM

Re: Going back to school

im a nanny now i love my job nanny's well a good nanny is expensive tho are there any home daycare's you can look into? yea 10 baby's and 2 teachers think how hard 2 baby's are for u thay have 5 to look after. i would look into home daycare's and ck maybe more if there are more daycare's maybe some closer to your school?

KatyG September 10th, 2012 01:12 PM

Thank you, I'm actually going to look at 2 home daycares today and if that doesn't work out I found this nanny agency I might look into

briena September 10th, 2012 01:34 PM

A nanny or home daycare might be best. A nanny would be easy because you wouldn't have to get them ready every morning. When I went back to school the kids were just 1 and 2, luckily their grandma baby sat for me.

KrissyS September 10th, 2012 02:14 PM

Kathy if u want to pm me I have some info
That I think may help

optimisticmom8 November 1st, 2012 12:17 AM

nanny i think might be the best option too.

rhiane2013 November 10th, 2012 10:49 PM

are there any nannies your friends can recommend? like from neighbors and friends? i dont like daycares. I think they really dont care much about the babies...but im not telling there arent any good daycares around. choose somethin u feel comfortable with. And im proud of you for goin back to school. we r on that same situation. You can do it!

KatyG November 13th, 2012 05:24 PM

I found a nanny, we had some trouble at first because she was just watching tv and keeping them in the swing or the crib all the time but things have gotten a lot better since I talked to her about it

briena November 14th, 2012 08:38 AM

Glad she is working better with you now!