JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f52-teen-mommies-and-mommies-to/)
-   -   January Chat Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f52-teen-mommies-and-mommies-to/2611975-january-chat-thread.html)

2Corinthians10:4 January 6th, 2013 10:59 AM

January Chat Thread

Where is everyone?!?! This place has been dead lately, COME BACK!!!

KatyG January 6th, 2013 04:45 PM

Re: January Chat Thread

How was everyone's Christmas and New Years?
Ours was good. The twins are getting so big it makes me sad

2Corinthians10:4 January 6th, 2013 06:48 PM

Ours was pretty good! I still haven't scheduled a place to student teach though so I am really freaking out. I will hopefully find out something about the school here tomorrow and my advisor said I might want to start contacting schools in Texas (well, having her contact them) since I could stay with family there. I don't want to leave Dh again though :(

briena January 6th, 2013 06:49 PM

Sorry ladies I had a reallllly bad week and shut the world out, I am here! I start school tomorrow, ahhh so nervous!

2Corinthians10:4 January 6th, 2013 07:02 PM

Good luck Brie! I hope this week is better than last week.

KatyG January 6th, 2013 08:22 PM

Good luck on your first day!

briena January 7th, 2013 02:04 PM

It was just orientation but went okay! I'm happy I don't have school on Tuesdays so I can prepare myself before my first real day of school on wednesday!

KatyG January 7th, 2013 10:38 PM

Did you met any new people? Are you nervous for your first real day?
This mama is thrilled because my babies are finally sleeping through the night! Yay!!!!

briena January 8th, 2013 11:22 AM

Aww thats awesome! I am so nervous for tomorrow. I'm sad that this is my last night with the kids too before I'm swamped with homework.

2Corinthians10:4 January 9th, 2013 09:37 AM

Good luck Brie! I'm sure you'll do great.

I have been doing observations all week, I still haven't secured a student teaching spot. It's come down to me contacting schools in Texas to see if I could maybe do them there since my family said I could stay with them :(

KatyG January 9th, 2013 09:52 AM

I thought you lived in Texas

briena January 9th, 2013 02:11 PM

Awww hopefully you find one soon!

I loved my first day of school!

KatyG January 9th, 2013 09:14 PM

Yay!!! What classes are you taking?

briena January 10th, 2013 04:57 PM

I'm taking the personal support worker program...i couldnt even tell you what classes i have this semester the names are long and i keep forgetting :lol: I was sitting in class today thinking "I wonder what class I'm in right now?" haha

I had the longest day ever. I got up at 6 this morning and didn't get home until almost 6! But came home to find my order from Nasty Gal in the mail box :D Hello pretty polka dot blazer, turquoise studded purse and cross ring. I want to come home to new stuff in the mail every day haha.

KatyG January 11th, 2013 04:20 PM

I love getting stuff in the mail like from amazon but after the package comes I have nothing else to look forward too lol.

briena January 11th, 2013 04:44 PM

I am making it a point to buy myself something every month because I usually wouldnt lol. I feel too guilty. But after Christmas I realized my kids are seriously spoiled rotten. I didn't even know what to tell people to get them because they have everything they need and then tons of toys and they got a lot of clothing too. So I ordered myself a couple of things! I am waiting on another blazer and a blouse. Of course I find everything on sale and that is how I justify it :lol:

2Corinthians10:4 January 11th, 2013 05:21 PM

Don't worry Brie, I just bought a pair of 60.00 boots. They came in the mail today and I love them :) I justify it by saying that there was a pair I wanted that were over twice that price and I bought the cheaper ones lol.

briena January 12th, 2013 06:00 PM

That works too haha! Sean got me boots for Christmas and I've felt guilty about them. But I shouldn't, he has never been made to pay child support. But thats just the type of person I am.

2Corinthians10:4 January 14th, 2013 03:44 PM

I understand Brie, I was the same way when Dusty and I weren't together.

How is school going? I still haven't secured a place to student teach and it's driving me crazy. I know there is nothing I can do but wait, but the waiting is killing me.

briena January 15th, 2013 01:40 PM

Ahhh that is frustrating! I would be panicking if I were in your shoes. School is going so well for me! For the first time in my life I feel happy and motivated in school, I finally feel like I am in the right program! I have been super organized so far, not just with school but at home too. My house is cleaner than ever, laundry is done, kids still super happy. So far so good! I never got into drinking coffee because it is a habit I don't want for myself. However, I have been drinking an iced cappucino a few day a week to boost my energy and stay on top of things. I think it will be ok while I am in school, but not a life long habit lol. I drank a large the other day and cleaned for 5 hours and then still worked out after, and still had energy, I couldn't sleep for ages!