JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Thyroid Disorders (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f281-thyroid-disorders/)
-   -   Getting to know you! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f281-thyroid-disorders/580529-getting-to-know-you.html)

The Purple Butterfly May 21st, 2007 10:51 AM

Welcome! I want to get to know everyone so please answer the questions about yourself.

1. S/N & Real Name:

2. Location:

3. Thyroid Disorder:

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking:

5. Year diagnosed:

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know:

The Purple Butterfly May 21st, 2007 12:22 PM

Let me start this....

1. S/N & Real Name: SHampton- Stacey

2. Location: Atlanta, GA

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypothyroid

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Armour 60mg, coconut oil, Juice +

5. Year diagnosed: April, 2003- 2mos after DS was born

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I have 3 kids, DSD Alexandria, DD Anastasia & DS Noah. I'm a newlywed (Oct 28, 2006)! This is both our 2nd marriages. We're TTC our first child together.

nmiracles May 21st, 2007 02:50 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: nmiracles- Natasha

2. Location: Houston, TX

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Synthroid 50mcg (7.5 pills a week)

5. Year diagnosed: May 11, 2006

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I married my high school sweetheart, DH Ray, and we have one adorable daughter, Harley Jo. I am currently trying to lose weight so that we can ttc #2 in Dec/Jan.

cheesecake May 21st, 2007 09:26 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: Cheesecake - Sherilyn

2. Location: Canada

3. Thyroid Disorder: I have a goiter

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Synthroid

5. Year diagnosed: three weeks ago

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: Hi! My doctor has been concerned about my thyroid for about a year now. I had an ultrasound done 6 months ago and it came back fine. When I saw my endocronologist (I'm type 1 diabetic) a few weeks ago he felt my neck and said he wanted me to take Synthroid. So here I am :/

LaceMom May 22nd, 2007 04:32 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: LaceMom/Lacey

2. Location: Utah

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Armour Thyroid, 180MG

5. Year diagnosed: 1999

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I have a 9 year old step-son, a 2 1/2 year old son, and a 4 month old daughter.

Prudence May 26th, 2007 04:26 AM

1. S/N & Real Name: June/June

2. Location: MA

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: 25 mcg Levothyroxine

5. Year diagnosed: March 2007

6. Something about yourself that you want others to know: SAHM, DS -3, 23 week angel, DD-8 months, getting married 2-2008. Haven't been completely treated yet, have antibodies but thats all I know, lost ins. and working on getting back.

TheBoyMaker May 28th, 2007 05:29 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: StacyA, Stacy

2. Location: Ohio

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypothyroidism

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: 2 grains of Armour Thyroid, Exercise, Chiropractic care, Vitamins

5. Year diagnosed: 2002

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I am a shy sahm/student of a 5 year old boy and 8 month old boy. I secretly want another child but wont even consider it until I lose weight.

amberjolie June 7th, 2007 07:12 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: amberjolie, Stephanie

2. Location: Ontario, Canada

3. Thyroid Disorder: Either post-partum thyroiditis or Hasimoto's thyroiditis (I'm currently hypothyroid)

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: 100mcg levothyroxine

5. Year diagnosed: May 2007 (4 months after having DS)

6. Something about yourself that you want others to know: I also have a 6-year old DD, and a 4-year old DS (and a 10-year old furbaby golden retriever - our first baby! :smile: )

MamaJen June 11th, 2007 12:08 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: MamaJen & Jennifer

2. Location: Long Island, NY

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypothyrodism

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: 50 mcg Levothyrine

5. Year diagnosed: 2006

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: If it wasn't for my daughter I would probably wouldn't have been diagnosed for a couple of more years. I have posted before but then I had too much to do and couldn't really do much on the computer, so I am re-introducing myself.

BensMom June 29th, 2007 09:47 PM

I guess I'll finally do this since I've been around for a month or so. :lol:

1. S/N & Real Name: Chrystal

2. Location: Texas

3. Thyroid Disorder: hypo

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Levothyroxine 25mcg for now ... just started

5. Year diagnosed: a few days ago! (although I've been bugging docs to test me for years! :angry2: )

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I'm a WAHM and multi-task-aholic. :lol:

TheOtherMichelle July 8th, 2007 09:17 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: Michelle

2. Location: Florida

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypo (previously hyper)

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Synthroid 125, supplement with Chinese herbs

5. Year diagnosed: 1998 with Graves, then dx with hypo in 2005

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: DD is 3.5 months old and has congenital hypothyroidism. I'm looking to find more information about it.

groovie July 14th, 2007 09:06 AM

1. S/N & Real Name: Elizabeth

2. Location: North Carolina

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypo

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Synthroid

5. Year diagnosed: July 2007 (just last week)

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I also have PCOS and Insulin Resistance and we've been TTC #1 for over 2 years.

~InHisHands~ September 23rd, 2007 06:37 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: acollins24, Amanda

2. Location: Birmingham, AL

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: None yet since I was just diagnosed through bloodwork at my OB/GYN - I see an endocrinologist in ~2 weeks

5. Year diagnosed: 2007, just a few days ago

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I have one son, 11, and am trying for a second child. Also if it isn't too much trouble - I just posted a question about hypothyroidism a few minutes ago, if you don't mind looking at it and giving me any insight you may have. Thanks in advance. :smile:

snowflake02 October 3rd, 2007 12:37 AM

1. S/N & Real Name: Snowflake02/ Tia

2. Location: Illinois

3. Thyroid Disorder: Still trying to figure it out. (DR thinking Hashimoto's)

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: None as of now

5. Year diagnosed: In the process

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I am engaged to my middle school sweetheart. We have been together for alomst 5 years. This fall (2008) I will start working on my bachelors of science degree to become a RN that specializes in womens health.

reya October 26th, 2007 07:27 AM

1. S/N & Real Name: Reya/Kim

2. Location: Pennsylvania

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Levothyroxine .75 mcg

5. Year diagnosed: 9/2007

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I am a SAHM, 2 DD ages 3 (almost 4) and 11

mommy4micandella November 8th, 2007 04:48 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: Mommy4micandella / Missy

2. Location: Hagerstown, MD

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hypothyroid, Dr is 90% sure its hashimoto's

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: synthroid 125 (i think)

5. Year diagnosed: 2004 when youngest daughter was about 4 months old. My hair kept falling out, and being a hairdesigner, it bothered me, so one call to my doc & bloodwork later, i was diagnosed!

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I am a part time SAHM to 2 beautiful girls, Michaela 7 & Ella 4. Hubby is a Maryland State Correctional Officer, we have been married 10 years!

JustBreathe December 1st, 2007 02:36 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: JustBreathe-- Michelle

2. Location: New York

3. Thyroid Disorder: Hashis and my TPO is high as a kite, Hypo.

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: Synthyroid although my numbers do whatever the heck they want. The TSH levels and T4 do whatever they want to do.

5. Year diagnosed: 03

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know:I've been with my husband since 2004. My thyroid is a source of fear for me in early pregnancy once achieved.

Edited: 1/22/10

Just_Marie February 7th, 2008 10:19 PM

1. S/N & Real Name: Marie to both

2. Location: Alberta, Canada

3. Thyroid Disorder: hypothyroid

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: synthroid 100mcg

5. Year diagnosed: 2000

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I have DS who is 16 mos old

mamabear March 18th, 2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Welcome! I want to get to know everyone so please answer the questions about yourself.

1. S/N & Real Name: mammabear1973-Jocelyn

2. Location: NJ

3. Thyroid Disorder: Graves Disease

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: <span style="color:#000000">Currently in a "remission" state for 9 months without medicine!!! whoo hooo

5. Year diagnosed: Always "felt" hyper even tested for years for it but after the flu in Nov 2000 the Virus kicked the disease into hyper drive and I was diagnosed with Graves in Feb 2001. We were at the time trying to conceive and I didnt know why i wasn't getting pregnant.

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: I am a SAHM mom to 4 children ages 13,5, 3 1/2 and 20months. Have a wonderful husband who supported me and my disicions regarding my treatment even though dr's thought it risky.
</span> Been married almost 8 years, together 13 and known eachother 17 years. (i was married in between..don't ask long story lol. )[/b]
I've been posting off and on here and there but thought I'd say hello. I have ready everyones intro and see there aren't any with Graves Disease but I would like to give any input for anyone who is seeking info on it. I wanted to start a thread regarding people with Graves but thought i'd say hello first before posting that thread.

Great to meet everyone and hope to chat soon in here.

Jen1409 May 7th, 2008 07:53 AM

1. S/N & Real Name: Jen D / Jen

2. Location: Groton CT

3. Thyroid Disorder: hypothyroid & Hashimoto's Thyroid

4. Current meds/homeopathy taking: synthroid

5. Year diagnosed: 2006

6. Something about yourself that you want other to know: