JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Traditional Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/)
-   -   Breakup (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/1466042-breakup.html)

Laney21 March 6th, 2009 06:09 PM

Breakup

What was your worse breakup and how did you get over him/her?

*~Proud_Mom~* March 7th, 2009 08:42 PM

Re: Breakup

My worst was in the end of 06. It was bad, really bad. I not only lost him but his family as well. I LOVED his family, so that made it even harder on me.

I'm not over him and I don't believe he is over me but I know it's hard for him now that I have Emily. He's said in the past that he doesn't know if he'd be able to raise someone elses kid.......(later he took back that comment saying it didn't come out right). We still talk to this day after not speaking for over a year. We've both admitted that we were happiest with each other but theres alot keeping us apart, I hope one day that changes because Emily needs a GOOD dad and he adores her.

FamilyShorty March 11th, 2009 07:26 AM

Probably the worst was when my DH and I broke up for a little bit while we were dating. We had been together for about two years and were living together so there was a lot to change and adjust to during the breakup. Luckily it all worked out in the end.

Laney21 March 11th, 2009 08:47 AM

The worst would be when SO and I separated for a bit. It was extremely hard because I had to keep it together and be strong in front of my kids and then I would just break down at the end of the day when they were in bed. However, we weren't apart for too long and we just needed space to work on the problems. Luckily we were able to work things out, and the relationship is very strong now.

mama0807 March 13th, 2009 06:47 AM

Back in the late 90's I dated a guy and I really thought it was going somewhere-we were very much in love but he broke up with me and I was utterly heartbroken. But I eventually met my husband whom I loved even more.

*Britt* March 13th, 2009 12:22 PM

My ex-fiance. He lied to me, cheated on me, treated me like crap and it took me 6 months of being alone to finally realize that I deserved better. I'm glad it happened though. It made me so much stronger.

honeybeary March 15th, 2009 12:30 PM

I think with my ex. only because he made a big scene in front of our neighbours. I was already over him and was friends with my husband and started dating my husband a few days later.

Jami&Marshall March 16th, 2009 02:16 PM

I would say my first love in high school. It was the worst pain I have felt and it just took time to get over him... and a rebound relationship. LOL