JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Traditional Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/)
-   -   Gtky poll - birth control! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/2309092-gtky-poll-birth-control.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama April 21st, 2011 12:53 PM

Gtky poll - birth control!

Curious to see what forms of b/c everyone is using at the moment :)
I hope I haven't missed anything......

As for me, I have had a tubal ligation

Amaranth Dhanya April 21st, 2011 01:32 PM

Re: Gtky poll - birth control!

I had a tubal after my youngest was born.

Christines Mama May 4th, 2011 09:31 PM

currently pregnant, planning a hysterectomy.

Rabbit8 May 5th, 2011 03:54 AM

I haven't had sex in so long I'm wondering if it's still done the same way...LOL But we'll be using condoms until DH can get a snip, which will hopefully be sometime this year. He had an appointment all set up and was getting things done for it like blood work, but then the doctor didn't want to do it since he's not 30 yet and Liz wasn't born. They said they wanted to wait until the baby was 4-5 months old 'just in case'. :rolleyes:

MomofMaddy May 5th, 2011 07:05 AM

We use condoms. I will be going to get the Mirena in at the end of the month.

~Caroline~ May 6th, 2011 10:01 AM

Where's the abstinence option? :p I had a baby in March and still don't feel ready to DTD (I'm too tired all the time anyways). But I have a prescription for birth control pill and I'll probably start taking them soon.

challowell May 6th, 2011 03:42 PM

I had a tubal ligation After Jamie due to health problems arising during both pregnancies.

Lenae May 6th, 2011 03:53 PM

I voted twice, hope that's okay. We use a condom when I'm ovulating and nothing when I'm not. I was on the pill, but my perscription ran out since we moved here, and I don't have health insurance anymore. But we're working on that. I really don't like the scared feeling of never knowing when you're pregnant, but birth control is so expensive! My husband will be getting a vastectomy within the year, we hope.

ETA, my husband gets downright obstinate if we go more than two nights without intercourse, lol. I can remember going a week without sex right before my daughter was born, but when we're together, no more than three nights. EVER.

mamavon2 July 30th, 2011 09:48 PM

The pull out method.

angelsailor288 July 31st, 2011 04:32 AM

There was no choice for pull and pray haha, but thats what were doing right now til I can get the mini pill.

Star Light July 31st, 2011 02:18 PM

Patch

Gaby&Emmy'sMama July 31st, 2011 03:03 PM

wow, I am really surprised at the lack of hormonal b/c.... and the percentage who have had a permanent method.... very interesting :)

Chris72 June 2nd, 2012 12:44 AM

Pregnant, planning abstinence

Lauryn16 February 4th, 2013 01:21 AM

Copper IUD