JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Traditional Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/)
-   -   Random thoughts for the weekend.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/2415856-random-thoughts-for-weekend.html)

Gaby&Emmy'sMama September 17th, 2011 03:27 PM

Random thoughts for the weekend..

post your random, weird, strange thoughts here.....

"when I'm talking about the old lady over the drive, i probably should make sure the window is closed..."

mama0807 September 17th, 2011 03:40 PM

Re: Random thoughts for the weekend..

You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater...but can you yell "theater" in a crowded firehouse?

Lenae September 18th, 2011 12:25 AM

Why are hair bows so expensive?

MommyBeth September 18th, 2011 06:12 AM

Do people not know how to read car seat use manuals? Do people not understand that for a child to be safe in a car seat it must be used properly? Are people ignorant of car seat laws??

Can you tell I'm a bit passionate about car seat safety?!!

challowell September 18th, 2011 12:43 PM

When did my kids figure out the door locks?

Why is tom from myspace on Facebook?

Gaby&Emmy'sMama September 18th, 2011 04:04 PM

Yes Gaby - I want a super power arm too........

... why don't toddlers and kids in general take the chance to have a nap whenever it's offered? if someone offered me a nap 2x a day I'd be making the most of it

Lenae September 18th, 2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryGrl (Post 24856596)
Do people not know how to read car seat use manuals? Do people not understand that for a child to be safe in a car seat it must be used properly? Are people ignorant of car seat laws??

Hey, I'm passionate about child passenger safety too! Did you know September 18-25 is Child Passenger Safety week? I just found that out. Do you ever hang out at car-seat.org?

lnj5duke September 19th, 2011 01:04 PM

Is Jenny REALLY switching to one nap per day? It's too early!!!!!!

Is the Seven sling that I just bought because I only had to pay S/H and a $3.50 exchange fee going to be worth it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryGrl (Post 24856596)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenae (Post 24860970)
Hey, I'm passionate about child passenger safety too!

Is there a particular "no-no" that you see frequently?

Lenae September 19th, 2011 02:59 PM

There is a TON of misuse up here on the island, if people use carseats at all. People on the island figure that they'll never get in an accident, and if they do, the max speed limit on the island is 35, so no one will be hurt. The only problem with that train of thought though is that most accidents happen within ten miles from home and at speeds of 30 mph or less. And kids DO get hurt at relatively low speed accidents. Sorry for the rant.

The most common misuse I see is forward facing children too early, moving children to booster seats too early, and straps too loose.