JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Traditional Parenting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/)
-   -   Who babysits for you? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f181-traditional-parenting/584334-who-babysits-for-you.html)

Laney21 May 24th, 2007 07:56 AM

Usually my mom or MIL are the only ones who babysit my kids. And my mom is the only one who watches them overnight. Occasionally one of my SIL's watch them too.

Who do you have to babysit your kids? Have you ever hired a teen to babysit? Or do you just stick to family members?

#5in2005 May 24th, 2007 11:15 AM

My mom and mother in law babysit, and for years my sister was my babysitter, and she was really really good with all of them, since she just kinda grew into it, and she started babysitting when she was 13.
There's a few girls from our church that I will have babysit, they are all 16, I won't have anyone any younger.

*Valerie* May 24th, 2007 02:14 PM

Mainly family--mom or my sis or DH's SIL when she's in town. If needed we have another family that will do it

~Casey~ May 24th, 2007 07:18 PM

Pretty much just family here too. My MIL watched them on weds and fri while I work and my parents wathc them if we go out at night or something, but we rarely do that.

SpazTaz May 27th, 2007 03:04 PM

Days my husband works (3 days during the week), my son goes to a woman who watches him in her home in our subdivision for the 2 1/2 hours between my husband starting work and me getting home (she also has a 6 month old son). If we go out on a Friday night or something, we have a teenager who lives down the street from us who comes over and watches him.

illinoismommy May 27th, 2007 06:19 PM

both sets of grandparents will watch the kids and its wonderful.... we don't leave them overnight though :)

jekr43 May 30th, 2007 03:41 AM

Us or a good friend.

bexmommy May 30th, 2007 04:09 AM

My sister babysits mine, she 17 but very good with all 3. I only let her babysit when all 3 kids are in bed sleeping

TigerMom May 30th, 2007 08:51 AM

Our closest family is more than an hour away, so it's not feasible when we just want a night out. I have no problem hiring a teenager, provided he or she is someone we know well and can trust. I babysat from the time I was about 12 or 13 years old and loved it.

So we have a few different sitters we use. One sitter is 21 - we've known her and her family since she was 10 years old and has just finished her junior year in college. Another girl we just started hiring is 15. She and her family live around the corner from us, and her older sister used to sit for the kids until she got too busy with school, extracurricular activities, etc. And there are a few of the young women working at my DD's daycare who have babysat for us as well. Our kids (ages 7 and 3) love all of them.