JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Traveling Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f784-traveling-mommies/)
-   -   Looking ahead to summer (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f784-traveling-mommies/2255755-looking-ahead-to-summer.html)

Mattiez February 22nd, 2011 05:55 AM

Looking ahead to summer

Looking ahead to summer, do you have any plans yet or are you wanting to go somewhere?
Mattiez

brynnkelley04 February 22nd, 2011 10:07 AM

Re: Looking ahead to summer

Hoping to take 2 more cruises this summer before I hit 6 months pregnant. Not prego now but doing IVF so it could be anytime soon. I'm hoping to take my mom on her 1st cruise in May for her birthday. Then the hubby and kids will probably go on another cruise in mid to late summer. Still kinda depends if I get prego next month or not. At this time all of our future 2011 vacations are based on getting pregnant or not getting prego this spring.

Just_Marie February 22nd, 2011 02:57 PM

we're not going far this summer since my c/s will be at the end of July-just lots of local camping I think

MaddiesMama February 22nd, 2011 03:39 PM

We're not doing anything at all since I'm spending yet another summer alone with DH deploying. Going to try to make up for it next summer with a trip to Australia. Crossing my fingers on that one since it's like a dream trip for me.

Mattiez February 23rd, 2011 08:06 AM

Good Luck on the Australia trip. but dont let DH being gone stop you from going some fun little places. Just you and Maddie.

I am starting to toy with the idea of a cruse. The kids haven't been on one before. But we are moving at the end of the summer so I don't know if I want to go to big of an excursion.
The kids will have a couple weeks of summer camp and time at Grandma's, fishing on the lake. So that is a good get away for them.

Mattiez

MaddiesMama February 23rd, 2011 09:07 AM

Maddie and I don't exactly travel well together alone :) We don't have any family here to help out either, so we'll just stick close to home. I'm sure we'll be forced to travel at some point during hurricane season when the base is under a mandatory evacuation and that will be more than enough travel for the 2 of us alone.

What kind of cruise were you thinking about?

~Allison~ February 23rd, 2011 05:55 PM

DH & I are going to Wisconsin for a weekend in June. My best friend lives there, and we're going to a Cardinals/Brewers baseball game one night, then going to a Kenny Chesney concert the next night. We're taking the train up, and stopping in Chicago for a day & night before going on to Wisconsin.

That's the only trip that we have planned. I'd really love to take Aaden to Disney World sometime in September, but I know that won't happen.

Mattiez February 24th, 2011 12:02 PM

What kind of cruise were you thinking about?

Something fairly simple. Out of Fl, to somewhere. I would like my parents to go along just because they are getting along in years and I don't know how much longer they will be able to do things like this.

I am thinking a Disney cruise for the kids. It will all depend on when we end up moving.

I'd really love to take Aaden to Disney World sometime in September, but I know that won't happen.
Why not??? :( That is the best time to go to Disney.
Mattiez

~Allison~ February 24th, 2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattiez (Post 23164951)
I'd really love to take Aaden to Disney World sometime in September, but I know that won't happen.
Why not??? :( That is the best time to go to Disney.
Mattiez

If it was up to me, we'd have already been to Disney World, and we'd be going again soon, but DH thinks it's too much money to spend. He doesn't get all the "magical" stuff about Disney World, and thinks it would be a waste of money & time. <_<

JediRach February 27th, 2011 09:39 AM

We are going to Colorado for a week in Colorado and then I am going to Michigan with the baby for a wedding in June. Nothing too exciting other than that but we are hoping to go to Europe in 2012.

MDS0307 March 23rd, 2011 01:44 PM

We are going to Disney World in June (1st time! yay!) and then to the beach in Destin, FL for a weekend in August :D

~Allison~, my DH has whined about the cost and everything too but I think once we get there he will love it just as much as the kids will!! I told him this was very important to me, and I've done my best to keep the costs down! We are only going for 5 days but he knows I'm already planning a 2nd trip there LOL. I KNOW I'll want to go back!