JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Waiting for first cycle after miscarriage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2253994-waiting-for-first-cycle-after-miscarriage.html)

tma33 February 20th, 2011 06:10 AM

Waiting for first cycle after miscarriage

Hi, I am new to these boards. I had a missed m/c in Dec and a D&C on Jan 7th. It was our first pregnancy and we were devastated! I have PCOS and we got pregnant on our first round of clomid so we remain very hopeful!

Now, I am just waiting for my period. It has been 6 weeks and I am getting anxious. My dr. told us to wait until after my 2nd period before going back on clomid and trying again. I made an appt with my dr for this Thursday if I don't get my period because I want her to give me a shot of progesterone to induce it.

Anyone ever get the progesterone shot to start their period? How long did your doctors tell you to wait before TTC again? I have a few friends whose doctor told them 1 month. I might ask my dr on Thursday if we can try after 1 month instead of 2.

Waiting is soooo hard!

ohnicole February 20th, 2011 06:49 AM

Re: Waiting for first cycle after miscarriage

I'm sorry for your loss :( Waiting to TTC after a loss is very hard. We ended up trying before my first AF post-D&C, even though my doctor told us to wait 1 cycle.

Did your doctor follow your HCG levels down to negative after your D&C? It took me 11 weeks to get AF after my D&C, but that was because my HCG levels took about 10 weeks to get to negative. Because they were going slowly, my doctor also did an ultrasound to check for retained tissue after the D&C.

I really hope that you get pregnant on your first round of Clomid again! :gl:

.:Shortcake:. February 20th, 2011 07:15 AM

I am very soryr for your loss. After my first loss I did progesterone pills for 10 days to get AF to come. It had been 8 weeks since my D&C and my levels were at zero and no sign of her. I was told I could try right away because if my body wasn't ready to get pregnant it wouldn't. I hope your doctor lets you try again soon :) Welcome to the board!

tma33 February 20th, 2011 07:29 AM

Thank you ladies! My doctor did not track my HGC levels. She only did a follow-up internal exam about 10 days after my d&c. I will ask her to test my levels on Thursday. I really want to start clomid again after my first period. I hope she will change her mind!

8 weeks to 11 weeks is so long to wait! I don't want to have to wait that long. ugh. I really hope she will give me the progesterone pills or shot.

.:Shortcake:. February 20th, 2011 07:51 AM

I hope she gives you one of them too. If she doesn't want to give you clomid you could always just try a cycle without it and see what happens ;)

tma33 February 20th, 2011 08:00 AM

You will never believe it.... I just got my period!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

now... on to convincing my dr. to start clomid :)

You are right, we could always try without it. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own so it might not work without... but you never know.

Thanks ladies :)

.:Shortcake:. February 20th, 2011 08:15 AM

YAY! Glad the witch showed on her own :) You could also try soy (it's a natural clomid) I know there are lots of ladies here who have tried it. You take the same dosage you did of clomid as well as the same days.

JessP February 20th, 2011 10:49 AM

Welcome to the board. I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad AF showed on her own and you don't have to wait for her. I hope your dr will allow you to start clomid this cycle instead of next. I hope it doesn't take to long for you to get your rainbow baby.

Cait&AngelAbove February 20th, 2011 12:32 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

jessjillmama February 20th, 2011 01:58 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. That is great that AF showed!! Welcome to the board and wishing you the best with TTC!

SillyKitty February 20th, 2011 07:05 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, but welcome to TTCAL. The ladies here are great. I'm glad the old witch showed for you. See- all you needed to do was post on TTCAL. ;)

tma33 February 21st, 2011 07:05 AM

Thank you!!! Much appreciated :)

JBgeorgia April 19th, 2011 02:07 PM

Shortcake,
I am in the same boat. D&C after 8 weeks 2/24/11. Its been 8 weeks and still no AF. I am on my 8th day of progesterone pills (10 day cycle) and still have not started. How long after finishing your progesterone did it take to start?
Thanks

Erin84 April 19th, 2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. (Post 23117481)
YAY! Glad the witch showed on her own :) You could also try soy (it's a natural clomid) I know there are lots of ladies here who have tried it. You take the same dosage you did of clomid as well as the same days.

My sneaky brain thought the same thing :) Although I thought you took double the soy you took compared to Clomid. Like 80mg Clomid = 160mg soy? Never tried Clomid, not sure, but I did soy for three cycles! No luck for me, but I'm a tough girl to knock up, so don't use me as an example.

Shadeauxe April 20th, 2011 06:13 AM

Soy did nothing for me other than make me want to eat EVERYTHING. It was crazy.

-Anna- April 20th, 2011 06:37 PM

I am sorry. :( I am in the waiting boat with you. I will start my first round of clomid my next cycle.