JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Most relaible sign for Ovulation? OPK, BBT, or CM? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2520357-most-relaible-sign-for-ovulation-opk-bbt-cm.html)

adriessa April 28th, 2012 09:29 PM

Most relaible sign for Ovulation? OPK, BBT, or CM?

Hi,
I am TTC, I had a miscarriage in March and have had a regular AF since (a little different than normal, spotting, 2 heavy days, more spotting). Currently, I am confused about when I ovulated. It seems like day 17-18 is it for me in my usual 32 day cycles, but all the signs are very contradictory, EWCM on days 14 & 15, BBT thermal shift was day 16 (unless it will shift more in the next few days...), and positive OPK on day 17. Which seems the most reliable sign and when might have I ovulated? Anyone out there with similar experiences or advice? Thank you!

~~MeeMee~~ April 29th, 2012 06:55 AM

Re: Most relaible sign for Ovulation? OPK, BBT, or CM?

Iím not sure which you should go by either, but wanted to say Iím sorry for your loss, Iím recovering from a loss earlier this month and waiting for AF to show so I can start TTC again. I suggest DTD every other day until AF shows to ensure you donít miss the opportunity to catch the eggie!

Servilia April 29th, 2012 07:22 AM

I'm sorry for your recent loss.
I would say that as long as you were testing properly with the OPKs (ie not with diluted pee, etc) I would go with the OPK. CM and temps can be influenced by other factors but hormone levels are the most objective measure I would say. If your OPKs were negative until day 17, there's no way you ovulated before then. I would say day 17 or 18.
I've done cycle monitoring at the RE's while monitoring my own signs and I have to say that temps can be off by a couple of days, same with CM. It's only the OPK that consistently matched up with findings at my RE's (blood work and ultrasound).

Good luck hon!

adriessa April 29th, 2012 10:00 AM

Thank you for your responses! I am so sorry for your losses as well. I actually had a big temperature dip today, as opposed to rise! So strange. Good luck to you all.

Servilia April 29th, 2012 10:07 AM

hi again. Interesting you should mention that because it's happened that I've had a temp drop the day after I ovulated (and ovulation was confirmed by ultrasound so it's 100% sure I already ovulated). That's why I say temps are an ok indication but not set in stone. Good luck!!

adriessa April 30th, 2012 07:17 AM

Servilia, you were right! My BBT went back up today, and higher this time. Hope it's a good one...Thank you. Good luck.