JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   ----> DECEMBER ROLL CALL *Check In Ladies!!!* <---- (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2603159-december-roll-call-check-ladies.html)

L-SBB December 7th, 2012 06:25 AM

----> DECEMBER ROLL CALL *Check In Ladies!!!* <----

I can't believe we're already into December! :o

Name:
Age (if u feel like sharing):
TTC Since...:
Loss date(s):
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey:
What is your favorite part about the holidays?:

.:Shortcake:. December 7th, 2012 06:51 AM

Re: ----> DECEMBER ROLL CALL *Check In Ladies!!!* <----

Name: Katie
Age (if u feel like sharing): 25
TTC Since...: 2008
Loss date(s): Most are in my siggy, I have 9 precious angels.
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: Mine is really too long to type now lol. But to sum it up my husband and I have been trying for over 4 years with way to many losses. I have endo & pcos. There is my full story in my blog which is linked to my siggy :)
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Spending time with my family :)

ShannonT December 7th, 2012 07:13 AM

Name: Shannon
Age (if u feel like sharing): 31
TTC Since...: loss in October
Loss date(s): 10/29/12
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey:
My husband and I got married 3/3 of this year. I got my BFP on Oct 15, and was almost 7 weeks pregnant when I miscarried.It's been tough but having good supportive family, friends and this board has helped a lot! One good thing has come out of it, before the loss we were ntnp. I was the one more into having kids, and now he is more on board with trying to concieve. I think it made him realize he wants to have a baby just as much as I do! : )
What is your favorite part about the holidays?:
My favorite part of the holiday is spending time with family and friends. I started a tradition in my family almost 7 years ago, with hosting an annual christmas kids party. We do crafts, bake cookies and watch holiday movies. It gives the kids a chance to have some fun, and adults a chance to go shopping. : ) It's grown as now they bring their friends, boyfriend/girlfriends, but is always a fun time!

Happy Song December 7th, 2012 07:17 AM

Name: Nicole
Age (if u feel like sharing): 39
TTC Since...: Nov 2012
Loss date(s): September 13, 2012 at 18 weeks.
May 21, 2009; Sept 9,2009; Nov 27,2009

Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: I suffered from infertility for a decade and then I have had 3 babies and a loss and we want one more.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: FOOD!

miniRazz December 7th, 2012 09:30 AM

Name: Jen
TTC Since...: November 1, 2011
Loss date(s): April 16, 2012 and July 14, 2012
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: November 2011 my fiancee and I decided that we wanted to TTC, we didn't care about waiting until after we got married as we both so badly want a family together. March 11, 2012 we get our BFP at 9 DPO and wow were the preggo symptoms in full force. I went for my dating us on April 16th and that's where it all went down hill. They couldn't find a hear beat, baby was 8w5d (they believe it's little heart stopped the day before based on size), they wanted to check my hcg over the next few days and Dave refused, he didn't want me going through stress for days waiting for answers so he pushed for another u/s the next day and it was confirmed. I did get a good picture of my first baby, he didnt look like a blob he looked like a baby (i think it was a boy). I had a d/c 10 days later, it was a "missed" m/c.

July 5, 2012 we got another BFP with a DD of March 11, I thought it was a sign from baby #1 that everything would be fine (that was the day we got bfp with baby #1) but I was wrong, I started spotting a week later and within 3 days I was having the MC (blighted ovum). My hcg was only at 180 and took weeks to drop to zero. Right from the beginning something didn't feel right, no preggo symptoms and it took till a few days after the missed AF to get a bfp.

I'm confused that after a D/C I got pregnant so quickly yet after the natural mc I'm not. I know that no one thinks it is going to take them a long time to conceive and have a baby in their arms but I'm just so frustrated right now as we were supposed to be our first Christmas with our baby :cry:

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Driving around and looking at Christmas lights, family, Christmas movies

sweety_pie December 7th, 2012 10:36 AM

Name: Jessica
Age (if u feel like sharing): just turned 29 :)
TTC Since...: Over 2 years all together
Loss date(s): August 7th, 2012 (12 weeks) ; October 29th, 2012 (7 weeks)
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: We have 2 beautiful kids but I've always wanted to have 3 kids, so over 2 years ago we started NTNP. Never got pregnant until May 2012 and was SO excited, but then lost the baby at 12 weeks. We were gonna wait a while before trying again but one cycle after my loss we decided to try again, too anxious. Ended up pregnant again and super shocked! :O Then went on to lose that baby at 7 weeks! :( The doctor told me to wait 6 months before trying again, and I have an appt on Dec 12th to run some tests.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Seeing the kids open their gifts!! :D

Papasgirl December 7th, 2012 11:48 AM

Name: Stefanie
Age (if u feel like sharing): 40 no secret there...kinda why im on this board :)
TTC Since...: After our first loss in March
Loss date(s):3/12/12, 5/9/12, 7/5/12
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey:Well we have six kids already and after number 6 we were all done until an oopsie in early march when I got a bfp out of the blue. We lost that little one 8 days later. We started to actually try after that and ended up with two more angels in heaven. Since the last loss, we were preventing...that is up until October when Dh found a letter I had written him (but thrown away) stating my desire to continue trying. Ever since then, we have not used any precautionary measures at all. So here's hoping! We are currently at 1-2 dpo and we dtd every day of my fertile window.....hoping for a BFP by Christmas!!
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Every single second of it, but mainly watching my family as they open their gifts and spending time together

Ame C December 7th, 2012 03:13 PM

Name: Amy

TTC Since...: We are waiting until April to ttcal. I'm just hanging out here in the mean time for the support and to get to know you ladies a little better.

Loss date(s): Our son died Nov 4th and was born Nov 5th 2012.

Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: DH and I have been together for almost 9 years. In February we found out we were expecting and at 16 weeks learned we were having a little boy. I was so excited because I had always hoped my first child would be a boy. I left my job and planned for my life as a SAHM. At 38 weeks gestation one morning I noticed lack of movement from my son. Shortly upon arrival to the ER we learned our son had passed away. My son was born without the cord around his neck, no knots or twists in it... there was no meconium in the water, there were no visible signs as to why he had passed. The tests results from the placenta and cord also showed no causes of death. DH and I are slowly recovery mentally and emotionally from our loss, it just took everyone by such a huge surprise. It's the hardest thing in the world to learn to cope with. I have had good days and bad days, luckily the bad days seem to be getting slightly further apart. I have had a lot of support from my ddc, friends and family... I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for all the prayers and support.

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: I love the beautiful Christmas lights and snuggling DH with a hot cup of peppermint/mocha flavored coffee.

RandaBear75 December 7th, 2012 04:33 PM

Randa

Just started TTC again

We have a wonderful three year old boy. We don't want him to be an only child because we are older parents. We had a loss in August 2012, and our son was devastated.

I love hanging with family, but it is the busiest time of year for our pet sitting business! It gets a little rough.

BeachMum December 8th, 2012 07:50 PM

Name: Kara
Age (if u feel like sharing): 33 next week
TTC Since...: waiting for af since our loss on November 16th. Hoping for a pre-af BFP but don't think I ovulated.
Loss date(s): The most recent was November 16, before that, 2/22/04, 12/13/06, 4/22/08
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: I'm a mom of 4 amazing blessings and a Christian.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: The giving to others.

Frozenoj December 8th, 2012 10:31 PM

Name: Tasha

Age (if u feel like sharing): 24

TTC Since...: October 2011, were NTNP about two years before that.

Loss date(s): 10-21-12

Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: In 2006 I was diagnosed with PCOS. Married in 2009 and started NTNP but knew I would almost definitely need MA. September 2011 I was diagnosed with endo and started TTC as soon as I was cleared from my surgery. Ovulated once in February on 50mg Clomid but didn't again until September on 150mg. Got pregnant on my third ovulation but lost it only a few days later. Just started actively TTC with MA again a few days ago.

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Every year one of my mom's friends sends us a big box of baked goods. You know how Memorial Day kicks off the summer? Well this box is like that for Christmas. Other than that just hanging out with my family eating great food and watching our favorite Christmas movie, Die Hard. :lol:

MoonAngel702 December 12th, 2012 12:28 PM

Name: Lindsey
Age (if u feel like sharing): 30
TTC Since...: April 2011
Loss date(s): June 8, 2012 & December 4, 2012
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: We got pregnant with our 1st child the 12th cycle TTC and lost him at 5 months. We were given the green light to TTC again in Aug 2012 and 4 cycles later got a BFP which ended up being a chemical. We haven't decided when we will TTC again.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Memories of happier times.

**jessie** December 12th, 2012 12:48 PM

Name: Jessie

Age (if u feel like sharing): 31

TTC Since...: Our recent pregnancies were a surprise. We will begin to ttc this spring, but will likely ntnp until them

Loss date(s): June 2012 and November 16, 2013

Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: I have two wonderful little boys, ages 3 and 1. Then we had two losses at 6 wks and 12 wks. We are hoping and praying for just one more healthy pregnancy to complete our family

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: My 3 year old is absolutely estatic about xmas. This is the first year he has really understood and it is so much fun. Like being a kid myself again.

ohnicole December 12th, 2012 12:58 PM

Name: Nicole

Age (if u feel like sharing): 29

TTC Since...: We have been actively TTC since May 2012

Loss date(s): 9-18-09

Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: We began TTC our first child in April 2009, and conceived quickly, only to lose our baby at 12 weeks. We TTC for another year without a BFP, then did fertility treatments for 6 months and finally conceived our daughter Eleanor on a Femara/IUI cycle. Anticipating a tough road conceiving another child, we NTNP right from Eleanor's birth and have been actively TTC since May.

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: I love sitting on the couch with all the Christmas lights on :)

anothermother December 12th, 2012 04:24 PM

Name: Christine
Age (if u feel like sharing): 26
TTC Since...: MD suggested waiting 2 cycles. Hopefully my body will cooperate and we'll be able to start TTC February/March so we can better memories next Christmastime.
Loss date(s): December 7, 2012
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: Long story short, we went in for an elective gender scan and found out our baby girl had many abnormalities. We found out we lost her 6 days later and delivered the next day. We are currently waiting for the testing results but we are thinking Turner's Syndrome.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: The smell of the tree in the living room. Driving around looking at lights. Christmas food. Christmas morning.

lelila December 12th, 2012 05:45 PM

Name: Leia
Age (if u feel like sharing): old
TTC Since...: Oct 2011
Loss date(s): Sept '12
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: DH and I started TTC a long time ago, but everytime we got going, one of us would get sick. We finally got a big break when we both were given medical clearance. We've been trying ever since.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Seeing my son's face when he sees lights on trees and houses, Santa and Christmas morning.

lil_fishy December 12th, 2012 06:55 PM

Name: Lisa
Age (if u feel like sharing): 28
TTC Since...: Waiting one more week, since I just got my first AF after m/c
Loss date(s): Nov 15, 2012
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: It took about 10 cycles for me to conceive my first, Claire. When we decided to TTC again in Sept, I got pregnant on the first cycle. We had an early us and everything looked great. I started spotting at about 9.5 weeks and then it was over, just like that.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Spending time with my extended family. Oh and Christmas trees!

amyhk December 12th, 2012 10:46 PM

Name: Amy
TTC Since...: January 2012
Loss date(s): I had a chemical pregnancy in early August, and a 7 week loss at the end of October.
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: We were lucky with our first, and conceived my first month of the pill. Thinking that 3 years age difference would be good, we actually wanted to start TTC our second in the fall of 2011, but had to postpone because I got sick and was hospitalized. I have Crohn's Disease, which is an autoimmune disorder, and when the disease is active it makes it pretty hard to get pregnant. If you do get pregnant and you are flaring the pregnancy can be more high risk, leading to miscarriage and pre-term labor, and make the mom even sicker. So we waited until January 2012. It was probably premature, though, because I still wasn't entirely well yet. I relapsed, had another flare-up in March. Starting in April I did acupuncture to help with fertility and Crohn's symptoms, and it finally got me into remission. I did conceive in July but I think it didn't implant because it ended up being a 4 week loss. I had a slight Crohn's flare in August, but quickly rebounded and got pregnant in September. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended at 7.5 weeks. We are now in the 2ww, trying after our first regular cycle after that loss. I try not to stress but I really would like to get pregnant quickly because my Crohn's is thankfully still in remission, which will make everything easier.

What is your favorite part about the holidays?: We do Hanukkah. I like latkes, cookies, and lighting the menorah with my little man. He's 3 and finally got excited about it this year!

Amber76 December 16th, 2012 06:03 AM

Name: Amber
Age (if u feel like sharing): 36
TTC Since...: September 2012
Loss date(s): December 2, 2012
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: We have two beautiful girls and really feel a 3rd child will complete our family. We got a BFP 2nd cycle trying. I really felt like something wasn't quite right for most of the short pregnancy. I ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks. We have decided to start TTC right away. They said i should wait one cycle but there is no medical reason for it just to help with determining due date etc. So here we are.
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: Everything! Time with family, giving to others, cookies :)

MaggieB1112 December 17th, 2012 02:37 AM

Name: Maggie
Age (if u feel like sharing): 33
TTC Since...: 1+ year
Loss date(s): 3/3/12
Tell us a little about yourself & your journey: My husband and I were married 13 months ago but have been TTC. A little bit before that. We had an early miscarriage in March. My MD thinks I have probable PCOS. I just started metformin and am praying for a 2013 baby!!!
What is your favorite part about the holidays?: carols, family, decorations.