JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Dental work around 4th week of pregnancy????? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2637983-dental-work-around-4th-week-pregnancy.html)

cortln March 26th, 2013 08:27 AM

Dental work around 4th week of pregnancy?????

I was just thinking about this last night. We are TTC now, I have a Dentist appt on 4/6 to have a cavity filled. IF I am pregnant, I'll be approx 3 weeks 6 days on 4/6. I didn't want to test until the following week BUT now I am a little concerned.

Do you think I should try testing on 4/6? I'm not sure if having a cavity filled will harm the pregnancy that early.

I'm going to double check with the Dr. I guess. Do you think a pregnancy test will show positive if I test 3 weeks 6 days?

geogeek March 26th, 2013 10:18 AM

Re: Dental work around 4th week of pregnancy?????

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. At that point, there is very little that gets to the baby since most moms don't even know they are pregnant yet. They are getting nutrients from the yolk sac rather than the mother. It is better for the mom to have good oral heath than have a cavity the whole time.

mommamindy March 26th, 2013 12:10 PM

I agree with it being ok, even if you are. However, in answer to your question, Yes! I do think an hpt will work at 3 weeks 6 days. Actually, I was wondering why you were going to wait so long to take one. I know in another post you said you wanted a good dark line, but by 4/6 I think you'll be enough dpo to get an answer one way or another. I don't remember exactly how many dpo you are today, but I'm certain you could start testing with pretty accurate results by the beginning to middle of next week.

Can't wait to start seeing tests from you!

Additional note- while I say dental work should be ok, I mean like a routine cleaning or maybe cavity, but more than that, I would error on the side of caution. My dentist doesn't like to do much during pg, besides a cleaning, in the first half of pregnancy at the very least.

cortln March 26th, 2013 12:42 PM

Thanks for responding :) Maybe I'll test on 3/5, I don't know why but I want to find out on the weekend if I am pregnant so I can have the whole weekend to be excited, I don't want to test and then have to come into work and keep to myself all day. At least i'll have all weekend to get the initial excitement over with lol

I think i'm around 5 DPO....

mommamindy March 26th, 2013 09:29 PM

5 dpo and you're going to wait that long?!?! You'll be like 15 dpo by the 5th even! I knew there was a reason I thought you were waiting quite long to test! You definitely should be able to test by then. Can't wait!

I'll just be around o' day, so I'll need someone's hpt's to stalk!

cortln March 27th, 2013 06:05 AM

haha ok! I"ll test on 4/5 or 4/6 first thing in the morning :)