JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Late period after chemical + symptoms (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2642419-late-period-after-chemical-symptoms.html)

justme90 April 11th, 2013 09:34 AM

Late period after chemical + symptoms

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i figured you ladies would be able to help me more than the other groups

Last month we were not trying not preventing and I had a confirmed chemical pregnancy just over 4 weeks and we were heart broken so we went back to using the withdrawl method to prevent. The miscarriage was relatively easy with the bleeding happening just one day after my af should have visited.

Now I am 1-2 days late with none of my usual mild cramping and achey boobs that i normally get right before af. Instead my boobs feel exactly like last month (feels like someone has replaced them with full jiggly water balloons) and I had some odd uncomfortable light pain around my uterus on Friday that felt very much like what i experienced last month as well. Though I do not have the same extra sense of smell i had during the last few days of the pregnancy.

Is this normal to have the delayed period plus the symptoms after a chemical? I've read that periods will normally be delayed after a miscarriage but with early chemicals they're normally supposed to go back to the usual. I am so confused right now. Is it possible I'm somehow pregnant again? I really dont want to take a test. I feel like my body is playing a cruel joke on me.

smsturner April 11th, 2013 12:38 PM

Re: Late period after chemical + symptoms

A chemical CAN cause things to be a bit disrupted... but I would test again.

If you really don't want to get pregnant, please stop using the withdrawal method. It's failure rate is about 25%. That's huge. I would suggest something else...

Good luck!

justme90 April 11th, 2013 01:37 PM

Update- 5 days late now and my boobs ache more than they ever have before! I'm pretty sure there are some new stretch marks on them as well. Yet another bfn this morning. What in the world is going on....

Thank you for the response!

We would love a baby but we decided not to go back to letting nature take its course till maybe the end of the year because of emotional reasons with the miscarriage. I know there's always a small small chance with withdrawl but I had always figured that if it happens while using the pull out method than its just ment to be since I've never used any other form of prevention (i have had bad reactions to birth control pills and get irritated by the material most condoms are made from) and have never had anything happen in the past.

I will probably test saturday if nothing has changed. I just had no clue if this happens a lot or if there really might be something going on.

smsturner April 11th, 2013 01:43 PM

Big hugs for you on your loss. I'm sorry!

I hope you get the healing and peace you need!

momology April 11th, 2013 02:17 PM

So sorry you are feeling confused right now :hug: I do think the chemical could be messing with your cycle a little but I would test again soon if AF doesn't show. I am so sorry for all your are going through!

daolive14 April 11th, 2013 03:06 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, it's understandable for you to need a break to recover emotionally. I agree with the other ladies, it may be throwing your cycle off a bit. i would say if you get to being a week late, test again and go from there. :hug:

Schofield06 April 11th, 2013 05:38 PM

The chemical could have delayed your period and messed with your cycle some, but stress from anything could delay ovulations which would cause your period to seem to be delayed as well if you're not sure when you ovulated.
I'm sorry for your loss, and the stress this month. I hope you get the answers you need!

Ame C April 12th, 2013 03:46 AM

Welcome hon, I'm so sorry for your loss! ((hugs))
I agree that stress could definitely be the cause of your AF being late. I'm pretty sure I had a chemical loss in January. I had 2 faint positive pregnancy tests then the rest of the tests I took were negative followed by a very heavy AF. My next AF was normal but the AF after that (my most recent one) was 5 days late. I chalked it up to stress but now that I read your post, I'm thinking it could have been the chemical loss that caused my (our) cycles to be a little wacky. I'm curious to hear if your AF is just late or if your pregnant so please post updates if you don't mind.

justme90 April 12th, 2013 04:12 PM

Thank you ladies for all being so kind.

I tested this morning and got a bfn but af still is a no show. Also, my boyfriend/fiance (not sure what to call him, i already have one diamond ring on my hand but he says he wants to get me a nicer one) anyway, he said he didn't pull out fast enough once a little over a week and a half ago soooo.....I'm not completely ruling out pregnancy just yet. I just really wish I knew what was going on :(

hillj111 June 15th, 2014 04:40 AM

My cycle was couple days shorter soon after my chemical pregnancy. Do you know if you are ovulated? And if so did it happen late as well?