JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   TTC (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2662510-ttc.html)

arngwifey June 30th, 2013 02:43 PM

TTC

For those that started TTC right after a loss did you ovulate in the typical 2 weeks after? Or was it a little off?

I suffered a loss June 7th and I just took an OPK just because and it came back positive today! So we DTD obviously. But I am wondering, is it likely that I really am ovulating? I am really hoping for a rainbow baby!

Rainbow Catcher June 30th, 2013 04:30 PM

Re: TTC

Hello! I m/cthe same day as you. From what I've read, things can be way off for the period immediately following m/c... so it's possible at 2 weeks.. or 3..or 4... etc. I swear I saw positive OPKs a couple different times but stopped using them until after I get AF (but of course, I'd much rather have a BFP). It's nervewracking - wondering what will happen and how long it will take, since it can be 6+ weeks until end of cycle this time around. Crossing fingers for you!

Redneck_Mommy June 30th, 2013 09:23 PM

It is absolutely possible. I got pregnant immediately after my first m/c, no AF between. But, after my second m/c my cycles were totally out of the norm for quite some time. Hope you get that BFP soon!

AnnaBonana June 30th, 2013 09:54 PM

It is possible! Right after my m/c, I had an ultrasound to determine what is going on, and the ultrasound caught that my follicles were active at that time! DH and I DTD but sadly, no rainbow baby that month. Hopefully this month!

Keep taking OPKs and keep us posted!

arngwifey June 30th, 2013 10:22 PM

I took another this evening and it was much lighter.
This is the first cycle I've really used them so does that mean I likely ovulated yesterday or so?

I know I probably won't get pregnant this month but even just having it be a possibility really changes the whole coping with the loss for me so I find myself sort of obsessing over it.

MelChicago July 1st, 2013 07:18 AM

Yes, it's entirely possible you ovulated right away "on schedule" after a loss. I did, for 2 of my 3 losses. (still waiting to see what happens after the third).

Ovulation usually happens 24-48 hours after you get the positive, so you may be ovulating right this minute :) It's possible that your evening test urine might have been a bit diluted. I'd say test again today.

momology July 1st, 2013 09:59 AM

We didnt go right back to TTC but I ovulated on CD 27 (27 days after my D&C) and I usually O around CD 18 so it really wasnt too far off. I think there is definetly a chance you could be ovulating.

Fx for you!

daolive14 July 2nd, 2013 10:57 AM

It's definitely possible you ovulated! You can ovulate up to 48 hours after the positive OPK, so if you DTD when you got the positive, you have chance! It is such a relief when our bodies get back to doing what they're supposed to. I really hope you caught the eggie!