JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Guess Ill be joining here..... and question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2666545-guess-ill-joining-here-and-question.html)

aStarIsBorn July 18th, 2013 04:42 PM

Guess Ill be joining here..... and question

well, i WAS pregnant but started spotting last sunday and my dr ordered betas, my first one on monday was 458 (5w3d), and the second one thursday was 105 (5w6d).... so obviously this pregnancy is over. i havent started heavy bleeding, just brown spotting all day long every day. i have had a few heavier moments and a tiny bit of tissue/clots but am waiting for the heavy bleeding to start. Can anyone tell me how to count your cycle days from the miscarriage? should i count the first day of heavy bleeding (whenever it starts) as CD1? or wait till the bleeding stops and then the next period starts?

AnnaBonana July 18th, 2013 04:56 PM

Re: Guess Ill be joining here..... and question

First of all, hugs and I'm so sorry you've come to join us. I hope you can find a good place to vent and learn with the ladies here, they've all helped me so much.

I think most women count their first day of heavy bleeding to be cycle day one. I did. I have very regular 28 day cycles and my first AF after my loss was 30 days after the first day of heavy bleeding.

I hope your stay here is short and you get your rainbow baby very quickly.

jmills1129 July 18th, 2013 05:23 PM

Hi, so sorry for your loss, I started my CD 1 on my first day, but I spotted, and then a few hours later got the heavy bleeding. So I guess that doesnt help you out too much.

I hope your stay here is short :)

MelChicago July 18th, 2013 06:05 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Redneck_Mommy July 18th, 2013 06:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I would think that day 1 would be the first day of heavy bleeding also. I hope you heal quickly.

geogeek July 18th, 2013 08:24 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with the other ladies that cd 1 would be first day of full flow.

islandbaby July 19th, 2013 03:10 AM

I am so sorry for your loss :(

Empty arms July 19th, 2013 03:54 AM

Hey... You must be devastated right now... I'm very sorry to hear what you're going through. It is terrible.
I can't really help with your question since my loss wasn't a miscarriage, but still wanted to let you know that I'm here if you need anything.
*Hugs*

aStarIsBorn July 19th, 2013 05:04 AM

wow, thanks everyone for the kind words and helpful advice. I am pretty dang sad right now, but i know i will be okay. still waiting for the heavy bleeding to start, i really just want to get it overwith!!! thanks for accepting me here :)

lelila July 19th, 2013 05:16 AM

That just plain sucks. And the brown spotting day after day just drags it on. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I counted CD1 the first day the heavy bleeding started. 28 days later, my next cycle started.

Since you were relatively early on you may not get heavy bleeding. It's different for everyone. I had extremely heavy bleeding for 3 days and light bleeding for 4 more followed by a week of spotting for my first loss - which we think was about 5 or 6 weeks.

I hope once your cycle is back to normal, you get back to TTCing and get your rainbow baby. In the meantime, stick around - the ladies here are pretty great.

smsturner July 19th, 2013 05:26 AM

I am so sorry to see you here hun. :( Big hugs to you.

momology July 19th, 2013 06:16 AM

:hug: I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with the other ladies - CD1 is the first day of full flow. Welcome to our board - I am sad when ever anyone joins us but I look forward to getting to know you. :hug: