JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Really?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2669869-really.html)

Redneck_Mommy August 3rd, 2013 05:23 AM

Really?!

AF was scheduled to arrive on August 1 or 2. Here it is August 3 and she still isn't here and my tests are negative. Maybe I'm having a longer cycle. My last two were normal, so I thought I'd stay on a normal pattern now, since they were all kinds of crazy after the last loss. Before that, they were very regular. Courtney, I feel like I'm typing your words over again.

And, to top it all off, my co-worker told me yesterday that she is pregnant. She doesn't want to be AT ALL! I think she is getting herself used to the idea, but still. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to cry, but we were in the middle of a meeting. How frustrating.

islandbaby August 3rd, 2013 05:55 AM

Re: Really?!

oh my gosh, I'm so sorry :( I've learnt that it's good to 'cry it out' sometimes...it really helps!

Regarding AF/pregnancy....I truly hope you get an answer ASAP!!! Nobody deserves to be in limbo like this :(

Empty arms August 3rd, 2013 06:15 AM

It is really cruel and upsetting, that's all I can say! I HATE it for you!

Rainbow Catcher August 3rd, 2013 03:21 PM

Right there with you Redneck!

And it is TOUGH to be around someone who gotpregnant and doesn't want tobe... so tough. Thathappenedto me at work, I had to tell someone she was pregnant, and she did NOT plan it.. she was preventing with all of her might. So tough.

:hug:

Redneck_Mommy August 3rd, 2013 09:00 PM

Thanks y'all. I'm pretty bummed about this whole thing. AF still not here. I'm out of tests and don't think I'll get one for a couple of days.

Empty arms August 4th, 2013 07:22 AM

When af is late, that's when I find the hardest to get my hopes down, even if hpts are bfn. I have done betas in this situation even with the bfns... Needless to say it took quite a bit of champagne, wine and beer for me to get happy again!

Redneck_Mommy August 4th, 2013 08:21 AM

Still no AF. I just know it will be a bfn if I go buy more tests. It's a lot easier to see a bfn when AF isn't late yet. Now, it's just torture.

MelChicago August 4th, 2013 08:26 AM

Hugs to you. Hang in there.

jessmgt August 4th, 2013 12:14 PM

Ok ladies here's a little thought... I'm currently pg, last time was different from all the rest... af was 4 days late before my bfn turned into bfps...

Only mentioning because your body sometimes knows before it lets your mind in on what's up... and I was testing from 5 days BEFORE af was due, both am and pm with the dollar tree cheapies that are super sensitive...
the test the evening of day 3 of af being late was bfn...
the following am I went into the hospital absolutely heartbroken, to get my tubes tied...
the last minute Protocol of a pregnancy test literally as my nurse was preparing to put in my IV to start sedation for surgery made us pause...
5 minutes later another nurse flies into the room and tells me I can have my tubes tied AFTER my baby is born!!!

I didn't have the words to describe the happiness and joy I felt at that moment... needless to say I came home and tested a few more times just yo be sure.... yup, all were bfp...

Sometimes there's a reason we cant know when we want to...
hang in there!!! It will be your turn one of these days!!!

Rainbow Catcher August 4th, 2013 06:41 PM

Thanks Jess!!

Redneck_Mommy August 4th, 2013 07:09 PM

Jess, you give me a little hope. I did take another one today. Bfn. Maybe I will try again tomorrow. I didn't even buy any more than that one though. Ugh, I'm just sooooo sad.

islandbaby August 4th, 2013 07:15 PM

I'm so sad that you are sad :(. (((HUGS)))

AnnaBonana August 4th, 2013 08:15 PM

I'm so sorry you're stuck in limbo. (((Hugs))) I hope you get some answers soon.

Redneck_Mommy August 5th, 2013 07:16 AM

Thanks again y'all. I appreciate each and every time I read a new post. It's nice to know y'all are out there.

Still no AF. My boobs are ON FIRE! Abdominal pain has finally gone away. I feel very bloated, nauseous, and grouchy. Of course, all of these are AF symptoms for me every month, except for the pain going away. That usually subsides when AF starts.

islandbaby August 5th, 2013 07:23 AM

Hope you get some EPTs and keep testing. I know how frustrating it is when your symptoms can be either AF or pregnancy ones, so I hope you get an answer ASAP!!!

I don't know how sensitive they are, but I got some of those $0.88 Walmart EPTs...can you get any of those?

Redneck_Mommy August 5th, 2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarmomma3 (Post 27565018)
Hope you get some EPTs and keep testing. I know how frustrating it is when your symptoms can be either AF or pregnancy ones, so I hope you get an answer ASAP!!!

I don't know how sensitive they are, but I got some of those $0.88 Walmart EPTs...can you get any of those?

Thank you, and yes. I got a Walmart one yesterday and got a bfn. I've almost convinced myself to get another test today. I'll see. I hate to keep staring at a bfn hoping and praying for a line. I have to stop myself when I'm ripping the thing open and desperately trying to see something in every different light in the house. It's just sad.

islandbaby August 5th, 2013 07:45 AM

Believe me, I've 'been there/done that' and I could kick myself every single time! Doesn't a woman's hCG level double every 48 hours though? That's what I've always understood, so testing every day might not do much good. I would test every other day.

I've personally had way too much heartache testing early/ testing every day. I can't do that to myself anymore.

I really do hope you get your BFP!!!