JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   How long will it take for the hormone to be gone? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2674608-how-long-will-take-for-hormone-to-gone.html)

pixie23 August 24th, 2013 05:45 PM

How long will it take for the hormone to be gone?

It's been two weeks and a day since I lost my little one at 9 weeks and 4 days. I also had to have a D&C procedure. Physically, I am feeling fine but emotionally. No. I am still shattered and heart-broken. I took a pregnancy test to see if the hormone is gone...and it's not. It's still positive, faint positive but still very noticeable. :cries: I just wanna cry. So does that mean that my body still recognizes there is a pregnancy and I won't ovulate until the hormone is gone? We bd'd last night and today but thinking we are gonna stop for a few days... It was uncomfortable for me. We didn't use a condom either. Not sure if we should keep doing it or we can just use a condom until we get the 'OK' from the Doctor. My Doctor's appointment is the 6th of Sep.

What is the likelihood of getting pregnant again from having unprotected sex last night and today?

Rainbow Catcher August 24th, 2013 05:57 PM

Re: How long will it take for the hormone to be gone?

It can take awhile. All bets are off for the period after m/c, unfortunately. It could be a couple weeks - it could be quite a bit longer. Hang in there - (easier said than done, I totally know)... there's no way to know how your body is going to rebound (how quickly etc.). :dothug:

butterfly721 August 24th, 2013 06:49 PM

I'm not sure how long it takes, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you. I had a D&C on Friday, the 16th, and I'm feeling emotionally fragile, too. If you need a friend, I am here for you. *HUGS* I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

pixie23 August 24th, 2013 07:38 PM

Thank you.

BrandieLee August 24th, 2013 10:25 PM

Oh hun I wish I had answers for you but I don't and I wish I could say or do something to make you feel better but I know nothing will help except time. But what I can do is offer you my friendship. I am here if you just want to chat or vent or anything else you need.

.:Shortcake:. August 25th, 2013 04:56 PM

:hug: It's really hard to say. It depends on what your HCG levels were when you had your loss. The higher they are usually the longer it takes. Your body will not ovulate until your levels reach negative (below 5). Once they do your body *should* ovulate but sometimes it doesn't and AF will arrive. As far as emotionally it's completely normal to feel that way. Your still grieving the loss of your baby. Take the time you need to grieve and know we are here for you every step of the way.