JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   New Here, But Not New To The Experience.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2680036-new-here-but-not-new-to-experience.html)

hopelessly wishing September 19th, 2013 11:34 AM

New Here, But Not New To The Experience..

Hello Ladies,
I'm Angela, 28, from California.
Joining now because I just went through a loss. Just happened 3 days ago, so it's still fresh.
This will be my 4th loss. Two were 8yrs ago, chemical in July and this one was a blighted ovum.
Today is a better day, aside from the on and off cramps.
I think I will be waiting till January to try again, my dh wants to get back it ASAP. Lol. Nothing is set in stone. So we will see. I'm just very scared now. Scared that I may never be a mother.

Empty arms September 19th, 2013 12:07 PM

Re: New Here, But Not New To The Experience..

I'm sorry you are going through this. It's so good that you know what happenned with your last 2 losses! I guess this feeling that "it may never happen" is valid after what you are going through, but from an outsider POV it's really nonsense!
I'm glad you have the support of your DH, and that he is eager to try again!
Good luck!

pixie23 September 19th, 2013 12:16 PM

Hun, I am so deeply sorry for your losses! I have had 3 losses so far! One at 7/8 weeks natural miscarriage, one at 9 weeks and 4 days-had to have a D&C procedure done and one chemical! I understand your fear on never becoming a mother, I have the same fear. I want a baby so much it hurts. Grieve as along as you want too and try when you are ready too! It's good to have DH with you to help and support and eager to try again :) You WILL have your miracle soon. Praying for you<3 Hugs

hopelessly wishing September 19th, 2013 12:19 PM

Thanks ladies. Feels good to be able to have people in my corner who know exactly what I have gone through. I have a great family, but none of them have suffer any losses, so although they are here for me, they don't really understand.

pixie23 September 19th, 2013 12:25 PM

My mother is the same way, she doesn't understand what I am going through. She thinks that I should just put it away, move on and forget about it! She is like your still young, you'll have more! That is NOT what I wanna hear :( It's a nice feeling to be on a board such as this one that understands what your going through! We are all here for each other to help us grieve, cope and deal with life in general.

momology September 19th, 2013 01:03 PM

:hug: welcome to the board. The ladies really are amazing on here :heart: I hope you find the same comfort and support here as I have.

hopelessly wishing September 19th, 2013 01:19 PM

Thanks Elle.
If it wasn't for you I would never had stopped by this board. I find it most comforting already. Today is the first day I am leaving my house since my m/c.. A little retail therapy. :smile:

cortln September 19th, 2013 01:32 PM

Welcome. I am so sorry for your losses. This board is definately great when you need support!!! I've never been on any other boards like this one. I hope you have fun shopping today! Get some chocolate! That always makes me feel better :)

MelChicago September 19th, 2013 01:50 PM

I'm so, so sorry for your losses. I hope you can find the comfort and support you need as you heal and go forward. Sending you big hugs!

hopelessly wishing September 19th, 2013 02:14 PM

Thanks ladies.. Not being alone in this big cold world makes me feel a lot better..
But ugh. I don't know if its the 5 pounds that I gained during all of this, or is its just the side effect of the m/c, but I feel soo bloated today.. I don't remember feeling like this with my other losses.. Although the two 8 years ago were so long ago I don't remember much about those and the chemical was just like a regular period.

Danielle.W September 19th, 2013 09:37 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that! Blighted ovum, that's terrible :(

How far along were you? After this last loss I had, I got so bloated. I felt so fat and I gained 5 pounds in 5 days! I had gained 0 through out the entire pregnancy so that was sad for me. But then all of a sudden, today I weighed myself and it's all gone. I think it's stress for one. And then when your body is stressed it gets inflamed. So like your muscles and bones/joints all get inflamed and that adds weight too.

It's such an awful thing to experience :( Tomorrow will be a week for us so I'm right there with you. Hugs :( :(

.:Shortcake:. September 20th, 2013 05:49 AM

:hug: I am so very sorry for your loss! The ladies here are wonderful and so full of support. I hope you find the comfort you need here with us and your sticky BFP is just around the corner. Never give up hope.

(BTW You ARE a mother now. Your babies just aren't here with you. Angel Mother's are very special :hug:)

hopelessly wishing September 20th, 2013 06:23 AM

I am an angel mother. No births yet. Still waiting to hold # 1 in my arms one day.

I was a little over 5 weeks, so it was still early. During the first 4week I only gained 4 pounds because I wasn't doing much, scared to exercise and lose the baby. But after my miscarriage the pounds doubles. I weighed myself this morning and it went up to 8pounds. The day I came home from my drs appt with bad news all I wanted to do was eat. My fault!! But today I'm going to start back up on my treadmill. Hopefully the pounds come off as fast as they came on. Lol