JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   HCG & Progesterone results - :( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2686532-hcg-and-progesterone-results.html)

cortln October 17th, 2013 11:58 AM

HCG & Progesterone results - :(

So yesterday I was 3 wks 5 days, had bloodwork done because I've been having spotting/light bleeding since Thursday, no bleeding since Monday but still light brown spotting.

Just heard back from the nurse and she said my HCG levels are low 188 and progesterone is good at 24.

Not feeling very good at this point. I have to go tomorrow to get HCG levels checked again. The spotting and now the low HCG levels just aren't making me feel really great about this pregnancy.

I am just sitting here trying not to cry at work, this really sucks.

MrsHopeful October 17th, 2013 12:40 PM

Re: HCG & Progesterone results - :(

I am so sorry :( Crossing my fingers for you that they look better tomorrow. Hang in there!! :console:

MoonAngel702 October 17th, 2013 12:58 PM

Cort! Those levels are awesome!!! 188 for 14dpo is actually REALLY good! And 24 for progesterone??! :wow: I know the spotting has you feeling very nervous and that's understandable...but it's so early it would still be considered implantation bleeding. I bet tomorrow's #'s will also be great!

If you look at this link Beta values main chart you will see what average HCG levels. For 14 DPO the average is 103! So you are ahead of the game! Congrats! I hope the spotting stops soon so you can feel better about this! :hug:

cortln October 17th, 2013 01:02 PM

:) thank you. and you know now that I am on these boards talking to others about it, it's making me wonder why the heck the nurse told me the numbers were low. I mean really...this is her job, doesn't she see pregnancies everyday??? wouldn't you think she'd know better than to say something is low if she doesn't even know that the number's aren't doubling yet???? so annoying. You're right, the spotting is definately making me nervous, I've been holding back tears since I talked to the nurse. I am going to go home, eat some fattening food and watch The Vampire Diaries and eat some chocolate for dessert.

MoonAngel702 October 17th, 2013 01:05 PM

Yes the nurse obviously has no idea what she is talking about! I can't believe that she would say that...When i saw your thread I was thinking "oh no..." and then saw your results and I was like "WOW!" lol! You should be happy with those results! I agree...go home and relax!!! :)

Redneck_Mommy October 17th, 2013 01:07 PM

Cort, I'm so sorry your HCG wasn't higher... But, don't lose hope. Maybe they'll double tomorrow. Lots of prayers and :dust:. I'm thinking of you!

I'm no doctor, nor do I know what good numbers are. I'm so glad to read that your number could actually be fine!!!

JackieV October 17th, 2013 01:51 PM

Cort, I m keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you get an answer by seeing that number double. I dont know how far along I am, but my numbers were only 19 and 48!... So, as long as they double, then you could be on the right track :)

:dust:

Danielle.W October 17th, 2013 03:06 PM

Same! I was worried your HCG was going to be like 19 not 118!!

That's great :D

I'm waiting anxiously to hear your next numbers :D :D

butterfly721 October 17th, 2013 05:03 PM

I will be thinking of you! :heart:

cortln October 17th, 2013 05:50 PM

Thanks everyone. Even though I'm still having the spotting I'm feeling a little better this evening. I wish that nurse wouldn't have said they were low and I probably wouldn't be so upset!

.:Shortcake:. October 17th, 2013 06:37 PM

:hug: Sometimes doctors/nurses should really think before they speak! Your numbers look AMAZING!! I know the spotting has you worried (which is understandable) but right now try to hope for the best. I would drink lots of water, take your prenatals, and get lots of rest!!

Rainbow Catcher October 17th, 2013 06:40 PM

Can't wait to see your values tomorrow!! :) Hang in there - hope you enjoyed your evening - sounds relaxing!

aStarIsBorn October 18th, 2013 06:00 AM

i think those numbers sound great!! But yes the spotting would be worrying, esp to us who have been through m/c before. I really hope that your numbers from today's draw come back good!! when should you get the results?

cortln October 18th, 2013 06:56 AM

I got my blood drawn early this morning, about 7, it's 9 a.m. here in St. Louis and I think that's when my Dr. office opens. Hopefully I'll get them this morning, they told me if I haven't heard back from them by the afternoon to call. I guess I'll call around 1 if I haven't heard back.

aStarIsBorn October 18th, 2013 07:03 AM

Ill be checking back to see your update! fingers crossed for you!! hows the spotting?

cortln October 18th, 2013 09:43 AM

Yesterday and today I've seen bright red spotting. Literal spots that are the size of an ink pin dot when I wipe. I don't know what that's about. I had a tad bit of light brown discharge when I wiped. sorry :tmi: lol

Today is day 28, I'm 4 weeks.

Redneck_Mommy October 18th, 2013 10:03 AM

Here's to hoping for doubled numbers!