JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   My update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2686891-my-update.html)

Redneck_Mommy October 19th, 2013 08:09 AM

My update

After taking my Provera, and forgetting a dose or two, AF arrived today. Finally, after almost 3 full months of feeling bloated and disgusting. Maybe things will regulate... If they can figure out what the deal is with the CT scan Monday. The pain is still the same in my right ovary area. Of course google doesn't help. The new doctor did mention appendix... Who knows. I doubt anything to do with the appendix would cause AF to be so very late. I just hope and pray they figure it out Monday. This is miserable and doesn't make a good TTC scenario.

Has anyone else here gone months without AF and taken Provera? :tmi: warning: there are huge clots and lots of blood. I just went and got super plus tampons. I hope that helps. The clots are so big I feel them fall out of me. Is this normal?

Rainbow Catcher October 19th, 2013 09:15 AM

Re: My update

It could be because of the buildup from not having AF for so long... I know you mustbe relieved to finally have it! :hug: Keep us posted on your apt Monday!!

Redneck_Mommy October 19th, 2013 09:57 AM

Yes I'm very relieved. I never thought about how it would feel without it... But in my case right now... It feels yucky and sick. I guess I never thought of that because so many people in various pills don't have a period at all. But, my uterine area kept feeling gross, full, bloated, and generally unwell. I'm already feeling much less bloated.

Danielle.W October 19th, 2013 01:24 PM

gah! That sounds so not fun! I wonder if you kept building lining up and now it's all going to come out.

I'm glad you started though! I hope it lightens up quickly.

MelChicago October 19th, 2013 01:33 PM

It's good to hear that AF started, though I'm sorry it's making you feel gross and uncomfortable. I'm eager to hear how the CT scan goes. I hope that gives you some kind of answer. Did you tell your doctor about the tech's reaction? Not to throw her under the bus or anything, but just to share why you're concerned and how you thought it was unusual?

Thinking more, sort of on a side note, I do think it's okay to tell when a supporting staff member treats you in a way that is uncomfortable. After my D&C, I had a nurse's aide helping me, who told me all about her daughter's miscarriage and how it "made sense" because her daughter was already 30 yo. I let her know I was 33. She paused awkwardly and said, "Oh, well, you have time." I never shared that with any of the doctors but wish I had. I really didn't need someone to make me feel worse at that moment.

butterfly721 October 19th, 2013 05:29 PM

I'm so sorry about the pain. :( I don't have any experience with Provera, but I hope you feel better soon.

MrsHopeful October 19th, 2013 06:23 PM

So sorry you're feeling gross :( hope it lightens up and the bloating continues to improve for you. I don't know your story, but it sounds like you've been facing a lot of battles. I'm so sorry :( is there any way that maybe the stress of it all could have played a role in your delayed period as well? It does sound like things had been building up, so I am so happy to hear your at least getting a little bit of relief now and I hope this is the first positive step in series of steps to come for you. Sending positive thoughts your way <3

Also, I'm guessing this was one of the first things they may have suspected...but my sister suffers with PCOS and has had pain and went long spans of time with no period.

Hope you get more answers soon <3

.:Shortcake:. October 20th, 2013 01:37 PM

I've taken it to jump start AF several times. The longest was almost 5 months with no AF and it was a terrible one!! I almost went to the ER the bleeding was so bad. I had a lot of clots too. They told me that unless I was going through a pad/tampon and hour then I should be okay. Make sure your staying hydrated!

As for the pain, I hope you get some answers with the CT scan. :hug:

momology October 21st, 2013 02:59 PM

:hug: I am sorry you are going through that. I have no words of advice I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you! KUP on the CT results!!

Redneck_Mommy October 21st, 2013 08:02 PM

Ugh. I'm waiting on results. The tech said she saw something (again, a tech talking when she's not supposed to). I'm perfectly fine with hearing what the tech says. I don't discount their opinion, and I don't take it for gospel either. Its just nice to hear what they have to say. I just feel like the doctor will say they don't see anything and I'll be in the same boat as before. I guess I'll just be as patient as possible, and hope for an early call.

aStarIsBorn October 23rd, 2013 11:28 AM

any update? sorry youve been going through so much... hopefully your AF returning is a good thing and youll get back to normal??

Redneck_Mommy October 23rd, 2013 07:28 PM

Hey y'all... My update is just as expected. The tech says they see something and the doctor says there is nothing there. That's exactly what happened the last time too. And, it's very similar to what happened with my gall bladder. Until I could get someone with the appropriate credentials to actually consult with the tech, I was in this torturous hell. When the surgeon took it out, he was surprised how infected it was. I'm afraid that's what is going on now... The doctors aren't seeing something, or the machines aren't able to capture the full extent of the problem.

Thanks for checking in!

Rainbow Catcher October 24th, 2013 05:02 AM

Second opinion??

.:Shortcake:. October 24th, 2013 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Catcher (Post 27756091)
Second opinion??

I agree! I would look for another doctor until you get answers. If 2 different techs saw something then I can't think that there is "nothing wrong". :hug: I know you have to be so frustrated!

aStarIsBorn October 24th, 2013 06:41 AM

oh my gosh!!! how incredibly frustrating!!! time for a second opinion!

momology October 24th, 2013 12:34 PM

That sounds very frustrating!!!! I would want a second opinion if possible as well =( Seems like a doc should maybe come sit in on a technician doing an U/S. . . why does that always seem so impossible?