JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Stupid jkahfjaks***Kf FACEBOOK! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2701997-stupid-jkahfjaks-kf-facebook.html)

MrsHopeful January 6th, 2014 08:08 PM

Stupid jkahfjaks***Kf FACEBOOK!

Let's see what we have today....

1 pregnancy announcement
2 pregnant belly pictures
1 status about getting baby's room ready
3 new pictures of little ones under a year old.

I'm sure I'm missing a few in there.

:pullhair::headwall::tantrum:

It's like poking a wound with a stick.
I don't know why I do it to myself.

Rainbow Catcher January 6th, 2014 08:19 PM

Re: Stupid jkahfjaks***Kf FACEBOOK!

I hear ya!!!!! Ugh it can really sting

MrsHopeful January 6th, 2014 08:23 PM

I swear it seemed like no one was having babies before, and now EVERYONE is!! The further the due dates being announced get past my original due date (the closer my first angel's due date gets), I feel like the more it hurts!

.:Shortcake:. January 7th, 2014 06:22 AM

If you hover over that person's status you can hide it so you don't see them anymore ;) Your still friends with them and they have no clue that you do it but it helped me during my dark times. :hug: It's still very raw and it's okay to feel like that hun.

Danielle80 January 7th, 2014 08:05 AM

I do what Katie does. It helps me to not see every little milestone. I just can't see pregnant women and not feel sad and upset that it's not me. They really have no idea if you hide their posts from your newsfeed and you can check on them if you want to, you just go to their FB page. I am sorry you have to deal with so many pregnant women. It really is hard and heartbreaking to want to much to be pregnant too but have to endure the updates and pictures.

MrsHopeful January 7th, 2014 11:34 AM

Thanks ladies, I think I'll have to try that! :/

BeckyBozeman January 7th, 2014 12:32 PM

When I was going through my losses I had several friends whose feeds I had to unsubscribe from... I couldn't bear to see all their updates about their pregnancies... I love that feature of facebook. That way you can not see without having to unfriend anyone.d

Hugs though... it really sucks!

AviatrixMorgan January 7th, 2014 12:36 PM

Sometimes I hate FB too. Especially when someone is pregnant and complains about every little thing, or has a newborn and constantly complains, or talks about an unplanned pregnancy they didn't really want...drives me insane. What I wouldn't give to be pregnant/sleep deprived from a newborn, etc!

butterfly721 January 7th, 2014 02:00 PM

I'm sorry. I know that this is hard. Sometimes I avoid FB for this very reason.

MrsHopeful January 7th, 2014 04:12 PM

Yes, the complaining really gets to me, too. But in my heart I know they truly just don't understand and probably will never appreciate how lucky they are to have their little ones like we will. I'm sure they do, but not in the same way. I know I didn't think the same way as I do now.
I really do need to stay off Facebook and probably hide some feeds for some particular people...but it's so darn hard!

The Purple Butterfly January 7th, 2014 05:08 PM

Yeah, I was in a DDC, so many are on my Fb and i see a ton of baby pics every day. A bunch of my friends just recently had babies, too. It's sad for me.

rabbitranch January 7th, 2014 06:29 PM

I'm sorry ((hugs))

MrsHopeful January 7th, 2014 07:02 PM

Stacey, I am so sorry. Watching other people be happy and healthy and clueless as to what it feels like to have that ripped away is truly one of the hardest parts of all of this, I think. It's the one thing you want so badly and would do anything for, and there's reminders surrounding you every day. It sucks.

Heidi, thank yooouu <3 ((hugs)) I'm sure we've all felt it