JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive after Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/)
-   -   Hobbies (OT) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f114-trying-to-conceive-after-loss/2703270-hobbies-ot.html)

.:Shortcake:. January 14th, 2014 08:16 AM

Hobbies (OT)

1) What hobbies do you do?

2) When did you start hobby(ies)?

3) How often do you get to spend time doing your hobby(ies)?

4) Brag time: post a picture (or pictures) of what you've made!

Mom2AnAngel2 January 14th, 2014 08:37 AM

Re: Hobbies (OT)

I enjoy crocheting, cross stitch and being crafty in generally

My neighbor taught me to crochet when I was 10. My mom taught me how to cross stitch when I was young (I have no idea when). She has always been crafty and I guess I just followed in her footsteps.

Right now, none! Chasing after a 1 year old does not allow for much time. I have been working on a cross stitched birth announcement for my niece for over year now (she is 15 months old now). I promised myself that she would get it before she was 2. Hopefully I can keep that promise. As for crocheting, I think the last project I did was a blanket for my son, which I finished in the hospital after delivery.

Unfortunately I am at work and can not post pictures. But I really hope to see what others have made!

MelChicago January 14th, 2014 10:57 AM

1) I guess my hobby is running my own nfp. It's super small- my friend and I produce an annual arts event that draws people from across the country. I don't really make money from it :) so I'd call it a hobby. I really like organizing, managing, event planning, etc. so its fun to do it for something I love. I get a lot of gratification from it. It happens just one weekend a year, in the fall, but different things like taxes, marketing, etc come up year round.

I know how to crochet, but don't do it regularly. I make maybe one scarf or baby blanket a year, as a gift. I LOVE to read, and probably read 5-6 books a month.

2) I don't know when I first learned to read :) probably age 4 or 5? My mom taught me crochet around age 12. As far as the management stuff, we officially started the nfp in 2009, but I've been planning/running events for fun since I was a teen.

3) I read every day.

4) Don't really have any pictures to share.

.:Shortcake:. January 15th, 2014 07:10 AM

I knit/crochet, make primitive crafts and do photography

I started photography when I was in high school... started knitting crocheting about 5-6 years ago

Sometimes during the evenings/weekends... just depends. Lately I haven't felt up to doing much.

I will have to post later :)

rabbitranch January 15th, 2014 09:05 AM

1) What hobbies do you do? I'm a portrait photographer part-time as a profession. We also raise and show rabbits, are active in 4-H with our kids, and once upon a time I used to sell custom horse portraits and I competed in chalk art competitions.

2) When did you start hobby(ies)? I started drawing when I was a kid. We started 4-H 5 years ago, photography seriously about 4 years ago, and rabbits three years ago.

3) How often do you get to spend time doing your hobby(ies)? Photography, whenever I have free time. We're very busy with 4-H so I have to work around that. The rabbits are a full-time hobby and we show probably 5-6 times a year.

Here are some pencil portraits from years ago, I stuck them together to save space but they were once individual works.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...horseheads.jpg

This was from Disney's Festival of the Masters in 2005 I think? The square is 10' x 10' and the horse is life-sized, created on a sidewalk with pastel chalks.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...finished-1.jpg

Rainbow Catcher January 15th, 2014 10:48 AM

Wow those are BEAUTIFUL Heidi!! So talented!!!

BaileysFourtune January 15th, 2014 07:33 PM

1) What hobbies do you do? My biggest would be dog showing

2) When did you start hobby(ies)? November of 2010 I went to my first AKC show I did 4h before that

3) How often do you get to spend time doing your hobby(ies)?Most days i am training or doing therapy wor or something with any of the dogs i work with. I own 2 Bailey who is 11 and retired and Opal who is 8. I also work with 2 of my boses dogs a mother and daughter Libby is 6 and Cookie is 2 i have been there with her since day 1.

I have to many pictures with doing so much with so many dogs I have earned in titles 3 CGC 2 CGCA 2RN's 1 RA 1 RE 2BN's and 1 CH I train with Opal at the highest level in Rally we have attended 2 national shows together and will attend our 3rd in October. I also do therapy work with Opal and Cookie at local retirement homes. Sorry to be long but this is important to me

sorry i cant get photobucket to work to get pics attached