JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive & Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f755-trying-to-conceive-and-pregnancy/)
-   -   Ambie! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f755-trying-to-conceive-and-pregnancy/2284951-ambie.html)

hkystar March 24th, 2011 11:19 AM

Ambie!

You are getting so close to your due date. Are you ready? Is your son excited about a new sibling?

I am excited for you!

Ambie213 March 25th, 2011 05:40 AM

Re: Ambie!

I know! I can't believe it's almost here! I still don't think he totally understands what's going to happen, but we talk to him about it every day. I've got my hospital bag packed adn ready... we had a dr appt yesterday and teh MW is guessing the baby will be around 8lbs when it's born (I'm measuring a bit ahead of where I'm actually at). She said I should def have a baby by Easter, though, so that's exciting! I'm just wondering if I might have to exchange the newborn outfit for a 0-3 month one! LOL... we got 2 newborn outfits for baby for EAster (1 pink, one blue - and we were going to return the one it wasn't!) We just have to wait and see!
How have you been feeling? I hope all is going well! I'm at that "I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm miserable and ready to be done" stage! LOL... o well - it's all worth it in the end!

hkystar March 25th, 2011 07:57 AM

You dont know if its a boy or girl? I just thought I missed any comments about it.

I am at the see-food stage... that is I see food and I want to eat it. But I am doing ok weight-wise still. Only +8 (down about .5 lbs from last week). I am still not feeling great. My stomach is naseous most of hte time (especially if I am not eating). I have had a good routine this week though, but the cold weather this am threw me off.

How big do newborn outfits fit? I am still learning all this stuff.

Ambie213 March 25th, 2011 08:06 AM

Nope, we don't know if it's a boy or girl - we love the surprise!
You're doing great weight-wise! i'm sorry you still feel nauseous sometimes, though.
I honestly don't remember exactly how big newborn clothes fit up to, but I would say maybe up to 9 or 10lbs.... however if you have a super long baby, they might be too short or if you have a super short baby that's pudgy, they might be too snug! We didn't buy any newborn clothes when I had DS and he was 7lb3oz and literally swimming in all the 0-3mos stuff we had. We had to have my aunt and MIL go out and get a couple newborn outfits so things weren't falling off of him.
One thing I will say is this - don't buy a bunch of newborn diapers! They are only in them for such a short while and if you have a bigger baby at birth s/he may not even fit in them! My sis had a 9lb 6oz baby and he had to be in sz 1 from the time he was born - they had a ton of newborn diapes sitting around!

hkystar April 4th, 2011 04:24 PM

YOU ARE SO CLOSE! I am so excited for you!

Ambie213 April 4th, 2011 07:12 PM

It is so crazy... I just realized tonight that I have like 2 weeks left! AAHHH I could technically go any time! We were supposed to have the closing for the refinance on our house today, but they had to push it back a week (4/11) I told them that there is a good chance I may not be there LOL!