JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Endometriosis (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1118-trying-to-conceive-endometriosis/)
-   -   Hi Ladies. I have a few ???'s for you (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1118-trying-to-conceive-endometriosis/1867549-hi-ladies-i-have-few-s-for-you.html)

lex1078 February 9th, 2010 05:37 AM

Hi Ladies. I have a few ???'s for you

Hi! My name is Stephanie, I'm 31yo and just had laproscopic surgery Jan 27th, to remove a cyst from my left ovary and some endometrioma from my right ovary. The cyst was diagnosed as an endometrioma also. There was no symptoms of the right ovary until 2 months before surgery when during O I would have intense pain. 2 days before surgery I was O'ing and the pain was so intense I almost had to go to the ER.

My questions are:

Is there a chance of the endometrioma's to come back?

I know more severe cases can cause infertility, but was wondering if any of you girls have success stories?

How long after surgery should I notice some results? I'm currently on AF and am not noticing any changes yet. AF is still heavy with really bad cramps and having pain and issues with BM's.

Since the cyst wasn't diagnosed till after surgery I had no clue what my problem was. Now that I know the diagnoses I was able to research endometrioma's and almost everything makes sense now. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

TIA for all your help!!!:D

Ima February 9th, 2010 06:20 AM

Re: Hi Ladies. I have a few ???'s for you

Hi Lex

I will try answer from what i know:

Is there a chance of the endometrioma's to come back? My doc said there was a 20% of recurrance but that it probably wont.....

I know more severe cases can cause infertility, but was wondering if any of you girls have success stories? I dont have any success stories (yet) personally - but i have other issues , age being one of them and a uterine deformity. I dont think endo should impact fertility too much and having it removed makes you super fertile.....

How long after surgery should I notice some results? I'm currently on AF and am not noticing any changes yet. AF is still heavy with really bad cramps and having pain and issues with BM's. depending on the amount removed and position it can take up to 3 months to be ok. i am on my 3rd cycle and it feels better. remember you have had stuff cut out of you. take a few months to heal....... and then you are super fertile...... GL!!!!

angel3y35 February 9th, 2010 04:56 PM

Hi and welcome. I'm Paige one of the co-hosts of the board. The disease is a hindrance to fertility but in no means does it shut it down all together. The first 6-8 months after a lap are best times to get pregnant. There have been several ladies that have stopped in the board to share their success stories. If you feel like it go back through the first two or three pages of the board, that's where most of them are. If the endometriomas are/were you're only problem your chances of getting pregnant are still really good. As for AF, if I remember correctly my first one or two after surgery were still pretty painful. Your body may just need time to heal from the lap. I just had my 3rd one yesterday and am feeling very positive about my chances. As my doctor told me last week "there's always a way, always a chance. I'll NEVER tell a woman she can't get pregnant unless she's had a hysterectomy"

Good luck, please stick around, and if you have any questions please ask.

lex1078 February 9th, 2010 05:41 PM

Thank you so much ladies. It helps to know about the afterwards from ladies who have been through it. My Dr. never really told me about what would happen after, plus he's a man do I don't know if he would really "know". You all now have me excited about this "superfertile"ness that I should have. I would love to be preggers ASAP and just hope for a healthy baby at the end of the nine months. Thank you all so much.

I wish and hope for the best for all of you. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Good Luck,
Stephanie

Ima February 10th, 2010 12:11 AM

Lex, has a doctor given you reasons for your losses? the reason i ask is that i have a uterine deformity which needs to be monitored during a pregnancy. Have you had the reasons for your losses assessed?

lex1078 February 10th, 2010 06:10 AM

Well, the first loss was due to Twin to Twin Transfusion syndrome at 23 weeks and the 2nd was Trisomy 22 at 9.5 weeks. If, help me if I do, have another loss, then it's on. I will be going nuts trying to find out what is going on.

rachel. February 12th, 2010 11:26 AM

Is there a chance of the endometrioma's to come back? Endometriosis comes back. Unfortunately, in most cases, it seems to come back WORSE. Endo is the ultimate biological clock starter.

I know more severe cases can cause infertility, but was wondering if any of you girls have success stories? I have stage III Endo, but before I ever KNEW it, I got a tiny little surprise in the form of my baby girl Eden. Now, it looks like I won't even be able to have more unless I get lucky, and Eden shouldn't have been conceived, the Endometriosis was so bad. My OB/GYN was amazed. Que sera, sera.

How long after surgery should I notice some results? I personally noticed results after I had pretty much healed from my surgery. Say, a week? I think it's different for everyone, though, depending on how bad your pain was before the lap, etc.