JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f243-trying-to-conceive-large-families/)
-   -   Hi everybody (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f243-trying-to-conceive-large-families/1363315-hi-everybody.html)

amandakay29 December 22nd, 2008 10:13 AM

Hi. My name is Amanda, 30. I just had my first baby 3 1/2 months ago via c-section (He did not want to come out on his own for some reason) My husband and I are wanting at least 2 more little ones possibly more. I have some questions:

1. Since I'm 30 and I want at least 2 more...no more than 6 total though, how long should I wait in between pregancies. My dr. told me if I wanted a vbac that I had to wait a total of 18 months. We don't want to wait that long. I was just curious how your little ones get along vs. age differences. I know my brother is 4 years younger than I and we fought like cats and dogs.

2. We currently have a 5 bedroom house. (Master bedroom, nursery, and another room for my step daughter are taken) How do you do the room situation if you have more kids then bedrooms? How do you determine who is sharing with who. Does that make any sense?

3. Has anybody had multiple c-sections?

I hope I'm not bothering anybody with my questions. Please take care and have a Merry Christmas.

MotherFrog December 23rd, 2008 01:45 PM

1. Kids fight, no big deal. Even twins don't get along. You do not have to wait to have another baby. I believe having kids closer together is best. They grow together and learn together.

2. My girls share a room and the boys are in a larger bedroom. You have plenty of room for a large family.

3. Has anybody had multiple c-sections? I've had 5 and am hoping for a 6th in 09!

Welcome to the board!

j&jmom December 26th, 2008 01:36 PM

I don't think the age difference matters. I used to think it did, but I have friends and family with kids that are 8 years apart and some that are 11 months apart. I don't think they fight any less because of the age.

Manymunchkins December 26th, 2008 10:26 PM

1. My first two are 22 months apart, then there is a 19 month gap between the second and the third, then 19 months between the third and the fourth. There are pluses and minuses to having 4 kids in 5 years (well, technically 5 years and 2 weeks). It gets really crazy at times and I'm always tired, but on the other hand, they all play together and I've never had a problem with sibling rivalry. I would assume there are also pluses and minuses to spacing them out further apart :)

2. We have 4 bedrooms, so two of the girls share the larger one. The oldest and the youngest have their own rooms. The oldest because she is the only one who has to get up for school, the youngest because he sleeps better when he's alone. Next year our second will start school, so we'll have to figure something out because the two that share a room stay up for hours talking and playing together.

3. Sorry - no c-sections. I know they are possible though :)

Bakin8th January 3rd, 2009 03:08 PM

I have never had a c/section so no help there sorry.

When I had my 7th baby I had 4 kids ages 4 and under..Yes 1 per yr and it was and still is a blast!!!

I dont plan a thing with kids ages and gaps the more the merrier and the closer together the better but I take whatever I can get lol

kimberlyw January 4th, 2009 03:33 PM

We don't really have issues with sibling rivalry too much. My oldest boys have thier own room and my DD has her own room (for now) as the baby is sleeping in our room in a bassinet/playpen until he sleeps through the night. Never had a section so no help there LOL

angela.fontenot4976 January 5th, 2009 11:11 AM

I have nine children. Babies six and seven (a set of twins) were born by C-section. I had another baby just thirteen months later and was able to have a vaginal birth. No problems. Then 12 months after THAT I had another baby by vaginal birth. Some docs won't make you wait a certain time length between C section and vaginal birth and some will. Look around for one who will accomodate what you want.

We have four bedrooms in our house plus an office which we've made into a 5th bedroom. DH and I have one room, Our oldest son has the office by himself (too small for more than one but perfect for him). Three boys share bedroom #2, three girls share bedroom #3, and two boys share bedroom #4.

Our age spaces are all over. Our kids are 13, 12, 9, 6, 3, 2year old twins, 1, and 6weeks. I agree with the pp...there are pros and cons to any age space. Do what feels right for YOUR family.

WishingStar January 10th, 2009 09:51 PM

I think the closer together they are the better... at least in my family. I have a couple that are 3 1/2 years apart and that seems to be too far. The two middle ones are 2 years 3 months apart and that works better. But, all kids fight.

If we have another one, then our 5 year old and 2 year old will share. Right now all four have their own room.

I never had a c-section, so I can't help you there.

Good luck!!