JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f243-trying-to-conceive-large-families/)
-   -   Need advice desperatly (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f243-trying-to-conceive-large-families/1424455-need-advice-desperatly.html)

ktbabe February 5th, 2009 09:45 AM

Hey girls.

As you may remember, I had a m/c on 4th January. I was about 5 weeks pregnant. My beta numbers a few days before more than doubled, then 2 days later on 4th jan at the u/s there was no heartbeat, just an area of bleed. I was given another u/s about 2 weeks later (19th Jan) and all had gone. The lining on my womb was thinning. They said I had had a complete miscarriage :( it devistated me.

Well get this, today I felt sick, tired, generally blah. I pee'd on my remaining pregnancy test. Its a BFP. I called the doctor who told me to treat it as a pregnancy, and to retest in 7 days then call him back for an u/s if that result is also a bfp. He said its very very rare and unusual for someone to get pregnant again so quickly after a m/c. Since I didnt have a period, I am totally confused. It means IF i am indeed pregnant, i concieved sometime between 4th jan - 4th feb....possible...but seriously, I bled until about the 20th January :unsure:

Can you give me an opinion please? I have so many questions. If i am pregnant, are my chances increased for having yet another m/c for getting pg so soon?

MotherFrog February 5th, 2009 09:51 AM

It is not rare! Well, at least not to me. Jeramiah was conceived that way and I've heard it happen to other girls. I don't know if you are at risk for another m/c and I've heard that girls are some what more fertile right after a m/c but I'm not so sure.

ktbabe February 5th, 2009 09:58 AM

wow! Awesome! that is so what i need to hear right now. May I ask how far past m/c your were when you got your BFP with Jeramiah?

I'm driving myself insane here.

WishingStar February 6th, 2009 07:35 AM

When I had my miscarriage in Nov, the doctor told me the only reason they say to wait is for dating the pregnancy. She said there was no more of a risk of miscarriage if I was to get pregnant before 1 complete cycle then there was any other time. So, I don't think your risk is higher.
However, I think I would demand an appointment and get my blood drawn. Or ask what your last beta levels were. If they were falling, they should have been under 5 and if you have a + test, that means you're at or above 20ish.

Good luck!!

MotherFrog February 6th, 2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

wow! Awesome! that is so what i need to hear right now. May I ask how far past m/c your were when you got your BFP with Jeramiah?

I'm driving myself insane here.[/b]
If I am not mistaken, and this was a long time ago, I think it was right after my m/c. The same time frame you are in right now. I was told by my Dr at that time to try again RIGHT away.

Bakin8th February 6th, 2009 09:08 PM

I got pg exactly 7w after loseing Elijah at 17w pg and haveing a emerg d&c and a 3 unit blood transfusion after.

10 months 2 weeks after loseing Elijah I delivered a healthy baby boy.

I was told by my Dr that I could try as soon as Oed again as the risk was not any higher to m/c.

Good luck!!!!