JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Large Families (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f243-trying-to-conceive-large-families/)
-   -   Okay, tell me the truth... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f243-trying-to-conceive-large-families/1623195-okay-tell-me-truth.html)

Army_Wife July 6th, 2009 07:40 AM

Okay, tell me the truth...

I guess I should introduce myself first. I'm Stacey, married to Jason and mommy to Wyatt and Carlie. To be completely honest, we're not sure how many children we want. We just know we're not done yet. He thinks at least 4, but I'm not sure I'll feel done after 4. KWIM? Well, we're contemplating TTC #3. And to be honest...I'm scared! Not scared of having a baby or being pregnant. But I'm scared that they'll out-number us! Haha!

So honestly--what's harder? Going from 1 to 2 kids or from 2 to 3? If we do start TTC next cycle, and if I do get prego, the kids will be about 2 years apart. So for awhile, I'd have 3 under 3 b/c my DS wouldn't be 4 until next Sept. Am I crazy??

Any advice is much appreciated! I know I want more kids, I'm just not sure I can handle them so close is age.

adawn41803 July 7th, 2009 09:47 PM

Re: Okay, tell me the truth...

2 to 3 was so much easier than 1 to 2. By the time the 3rd one came along I had a pretty good routine down and knew what to expect for the most part. Its also easier cause they each get that much older with each additional blessing. We are now due with number 4 and I dont have a care in the world.

Doodle July 8th, 2009 06:14 AM

we are expecting # 5 going from 0-1 and 1-2 was the hardest. I dreaded and feared 2-3 but when #3 arrived things went beautifully. 4 came along and just fell right into our routine

mater bibit July 8th, 2009 11:19 AM

Personally, I found going from 2-3 harder than 1-2. My oldest turned 3 just days after the baby was born and my daughter was 17 months old. They're both going in and out of various difficult phases which has been much more to deal with than just one toddler.

It really depends on your own children because children are all so different.

MotherFrog July 8th, 2009 01:19 PM

Nope, you are not crazy! That's how all us large family mama's feel. It can get a little overwhelming some days but it is so worth it.

Kristina July 9th, 2009 11:57 AM

For me 2-3 was the hardest, My oldest was 3 years 5 weeks, and my 2nd was 15 months when #3 came so that was a lot of work but after that it has been pretty easy transitioning in the next ones.

goingfor4 July 9th, 2009 03:08 PM

For me 2-3 was more difficult..but my oldest was 9 1/2yrs old when my second was born, and it was her father's first. Plus, our two youngest are only 10 1/2 months apart, I got pregnant 5 weeks after having my 2nd! And my 3rd was a very hard baby! He was just diagnosed with provisional autism, in April. We are just starting to get a routine down with him, and the rest of us. This is why we have finally both agreed on ttc#4.

I agree with YarnTotingMom, it all depends on your children. And I'm also a firm believer of the saying "God doesn't give us more than we can handle". I was pretty firm on being done with having children, up until a few days ago. Something inside just felt like I was ready and that we are meant to have another. You'll know when the time is right, if you choose to have another. Best of wishes in whatever you decide.

mater bibit July 9th, 2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristina (Post 16517423)
For me 2-3 was the hardest, My oldest was 3 years 5 weeks, and my 2nd was 15 months when #3 came so that was a lot of work but after that it has been pretty easy transitioning in the next ones.

That is very encouraging! I hope my experience, if I have another, is the same.

Martha83 July 10th, 2009 09:10 PM

I had a hard time going from 2-3...but when I went from 3-4 it was easy as pie...and released the "flood gates" I could handle many many more now ;) LOL....When my 3rd was born I had a 3yo, 19 month old, and a new born....it was crazy for a while...but it all evened out and was great...then came 4 and she was such an easy addition to our family. :) Good luck

pinkmommy86 July 14th, 2009 08:50 PM

When I was prego with #3 my dad warned me that going from 2-3 was much harder than going from 1-2. However, I didn't find it to be such a big adjustment. It really wasn't that bad. Good luck