JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Time for a break (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1139252-time-for-break.html)

*Lana* July 5th, 2008 03:02 PM

I'm 10dpo and am certain I will be getting AF instead of a BFP this cycle.
After calculating in my head approximately how much my bill from the RE is going to be (since insurance changed and there are no infertility benefits), I decided that it is time for a break--have had 2 ultrasounds the past 2 cycles so it really added up quickly. We didn't have a huge amount of money set aside for this so we need to replenish our money for this.
I think I am going to ask about an IUI for next time--probably in September or end of August (depending on my cycle). My nephew is having surgery in August and my parents (who are here) are flying me back home to help out and be there to support them and I will be gone nearly 3 weeks, so that cycle would definately be out. Despite my travel expenses being covered, I will still have to put money out during the trip.
We have been TTC since February 2007 and the only breaks we have taken were one cycle without clomid while DH was waiting to have a repeat S/A and one cycle when I had a cyst.
I have my review at work in 10 days and hope to get a significant raise because my job duties have drastically changed. Fingers crossed that will happen and we can get back to TTC really quickly.
...And I just got a text from DH and he has a serious job offer out of state--a lot more money, but it's kind of hard to TTC when DH is either at work or asleep, which would happen if he took this job. :unsure:

Angel_Maker July 5th, 2008 03:22 PM

:dothug: I feel your pain....I've shelled out about $2,000 since May 1st on RE appts..... :unsure:

I hope things fall into place for you quickly so you can hop back on the TTC bandwagon :inlove: Good LUCK!!!

AprilBaby08 July 6th, 2008 06:49 AM

:dothug: I know it's tough and the costs add up so quickly. I hope things fall into place for you quickly so you can try again!

Jessa78 July 6th, 2008 07:00 AM

Lana, I'm sorry, hon. I know how quickly everything adds up. I hope that you get that raise and things work out for DH, too. Please don't be a stranger. You would be sorely missed around here.

:dothug:

Hammie_Bug July 6th, 2008 10:33 AM

:dothug: I think sometimes a break does your mind good! I know Pete and I sort of tried for a bit totally took a break for a little bit and actively tried for a while. Now that we are pushing forward full force I sometimes wish we could take a little break from feeling cruddy, BD on a schedule, taking opks, and getting BFN.
When you get everything figured out your mind will be fresher and hopefully you'll only need one cycle to get a BFP!! Good luck in your review!

DoulaMama July 6th, 2008 10:52 AM

:dothug: I hope everything works out. Make sure you let them know you feel you deserve a healthy raise, and how much you do!

*Lana* July 6th, 2008 10:17 PM

I told DH about my plans today--he said, "OK." He's all for doing whatever we need to do...as long as he doesn't have too many details. He doesn't understand (nor does he want to learn), so when I tell him things I have to use really weird analogies so he will get the general concept.

I still think I may have a cyst brewing, so I am going to call my OB office to see about getting an ultrasound--insurance will cover it if his office does it rather than the RE.

I am trying to remain positive knowing that we now know what dose of Clomid works for me. This won't be so bad: In less than 4 weeks I leave to go back home for almost 3 weeks. So, if I'm 'lucky' I will have a cyst and would need to take a break anyway.

Oh yeah, DH's boss is supposed to pay for whatever we pay out for our insurance, so when the guy comes back from vacation, DH is supposed to ask him if he will pay for May's bills since it is a couple hundred less than if we had taken COBRA for that month--that would be a huge help.

DoulaMama July 7th, 2008 08:30 AM

That's great that your insurance will cover it at the ob.

I hope you don't have a cyst! Those are so painful.

I hope you get reimbursed for those bills- that would be great.