JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   I NEED HELP.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1144928-i-need-help.html)

nelson1229 July 9th, 2008 03:58 PM

Well girls i went in to visit with my doctor this month.. he stated today that if the Vitamin regime does not work.. he wants me to go a RE.. I am kinda sad.. he also stated that IUI is probably not the best road for us.. we did a couple about a year ago back to back.. and nothing.. that is why we took a break...:(

The doctor thinks that the best road for me to do is IVF.. we have been researching offices around us and little ways away... i have another appointment set up this Friday for the doctor to go over places around us..or further :)

I know alot of girls here have had IVF done or are doing it...

What do most RE like for you to have done before they even consider IVF for you??? Stuff like tests or treatments.. meds... i am just wanting to know so i dont go in to my OB/GYN and he tells me otherwise.. i trust you girls more than anyone with this stuff!!! We are planning to start the IVF process in the next couple to six months.. I DO NOT WANT TO DO IUI.. my ovaries are copute with out meds.. and femara does not work for me.. CLOMID works.. but it thin my lining too much... I NEED HELP GIRLS!!! i am so new to this stuff.. i have always just done either IUI with Clomid or just Clomid or femara by itself... :)

ilmsg July 9th, 2008 05:13 PM

At my first RE appointment they did a basic infertility bloodwork workup and checked my antral follicles with the u/s. We ended up doing a HSG and 3 IUI/Clomid cycles after that, but it seems you are past that. There wasn't really any new tests that were done before we started IVF, but since we had one failed and one cancelled, I had a hysteroscopy and an endo biopsy done. That can be done to check for uterine abnormalities but I'm not sure they would do that off that bat unless they were concerned with uterine problems.

I would say the consultation with the RE and then a teaching class about all the meds/injections. It seems overwhelming at first but once you get into the swing of things and all the shots and everything it becomes pretty routine!

Feel free to ask away any questions you have on the process.

kmannetta2005 July 9th, 2008 05:57 PM

I totally understand how you are overwhelmed. I had an HSG and blood work done which showed that I only had one ovary and a blocked tube that led to it. The re decided to move us right to IVF since I had a blockage. We are going through our second cycle now.

As far as shots go I agree with Jen. Once you get the hang of things it is pretty easy.

greenchild July 9th, 2008 07:57 PM

I had an HSG done before doing IVF just to make sure what the heck I had for tubes (there was a question about that due to the photos from one of my surgeries).

Although we felt we knew what the problem was (no tubes, or should I say not enough left), the RE had us do the basic fertility workup like FSH, something where I had to fast that tested for PCOS, and then we had to do genetic karyotyping. DH had to do an S/A as well. He ordered all this testing just in case we had another problem, bc with the first 2 natural pg's since they were heterotopic (one in the uterus, one in the tube), the ones in my uterus didn't survive so there could have been an issue there.

Good luck!!

Ana*Addey*OliveMommy July 11th, 2008 09:18 AM

I wanted to wish you Luck. Hope your DR helps you find a RE that will help you get pg real soon.