JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Progesterone results (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1147873-progesterone-results.html)

amberrose22 July 11th, 2008 04:47 PM

So I got my call this afternoon, my progesterone was at a 6. The nurse said my RE was ok with anything over a 3.

That seems awful low to me from the info I've heard from everyone here so now I'm a bit worried.

One thing to keep in mind was I never got a full blaring positive on my IC OPK tests. So I went in 7 days following the one that was the darkest. Oh, and my thyroid levels still aren't in the normal range either. So knowing those facts the nurse said a 6 result was pretty good especially because of my thyroid interferring. So all in all I'm happy with the result.

Any thoughts??

allysmom July 11th, 2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

So I got my call this afternoon, my progesterone was at a 6. The nurse said my RE was ok with anything over a 3.

That seems awful low to me from the info I've heard from everyone here so now I'm a bit worried.

One thing to keep in mind was I never got a full blaring positive on my IC OPK tests. So I went in 7 days following the one that was the darkest. Oh, and my thyroid levels still aren't in the normal range either. So knowing those facts the nurse said a 6 result was pretty good especially because of my thyroid interferring. So all in all I'm happy with the result.

Any thoughts??[/b]
was this a medicated cycle?

amberrose22 July 11th, 2008 09:39 PM

No we're not doing anything this cycle. I just wanted it checked b/c I've never had it done. So this was just to ease my mind to make sure I do O on my own.

slpliz July 12th, 2008 04:08 AM

It likely means you O'd but it was a weak ovulation. My RE likes to see at least a 10 on an unmedicated cycle and at least a 15 on a medicated cycle. Are you going to get tested again next cycle? I think it might be a good idea to retest next cycle to see if you are a weak ovulater or if you have a progesterone deficiency. Either way, you can be treated with meds to help/

~Andrea~ July 12th, 2008 04:59 AM

Keep it in the back of your mind too, that you might have only been 6 DPO, or 5 DPO instead of 7. If you went in 7 days after your positive OPK, you might have O'd 2 days after that, so then your progestone would be a 5 DPO level.

The only reason I bring this up was because this cycle I have my progestereone drawn on CD21 which my Dr. wanted me to have, regardless of when I O'd. When she told me that I didn't O, I told her she was wrong. My results was 5.38, but I was only 3 DPO.

If your RE says that is good, then go with that. They know what they are talking about!

Ana*Addey*OliveMommy July 12th, 2008 09:34 AM

Glad to hear you Oed!! Good Luck!!

*becky* July 12th, 2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

It likely means you O'd but it was a weak ovulation. My RE likes to see at least a 10 on an unmedicated cycle and at least a 15 on a medicated cycle.[/b]
This is exactly what my midwife said. But it does depend on how many DPO you were. The standard is CD 21, but that is only valid if you O on CD 14. It should be drawn on 7dpo to get an accurate reading.

Jessa78 July 12th, 2008 10:31 AM

My doc also wants to see 10+ on an unmedicated cycle. I never broke a 7, even with the Clomid on its own, so I'm taking trigger shots now to give my body that last little shove in the right direction.

Good Luck, hon!! :dothug: