JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Cycle Cancelled (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1167389-cycle-cancelled.html)

AprilBaby08 July 26th, 2008 05:39 PM

Well ladies, I started my gonal-f IUI cycle on 7-16. After 5 days of stims, my e2 was at 132. Went back in on the following Monday and my e-2 had dropped to 130 and I had no measurable follies. My RE bumped me up from 75 to 112.5, and I went in for an u/s and e2 today. As soon as I saw my ovaries on the screen, I sensed there would be a problem. I had 7 follies all measuring between 10 and 12.

The nurse said it was ok and that a few of them would become dominant over the next few days. Well she called me back this afternoon and told me my e2 was 1200! She said that it was too high for an IUI cycle, and that I would have to cancel. <_< I'm kind of disappointed because she said that there was nothing that could be done when I asked. I've read about some RE's letting a patient "coast" with no meds for a few days to let e-2 levels go down and then resuming meds. I'm shocked that I responded like this. Last cycle it took me 19 days of stims to get 2 follies.
I guess I can try to look on the bright side. The meds for my next cycle will be free because I fill through Freedom and your third order is free with them. :inlove:

jandswood July 26th, 2008 07:03 PM

oh hun I'm so sorry! :dothug: we had to cancle this cycle to because I had no mature eggies :closedeyes: hopefully next cycle will be good for both of us! ;)

*Bobbie* July 27th, 2008 03:35 PM

AWW I am sorry :(

I am nuts and probably would have begged to be able to go ahead and see what happens.... Multiples would have been fine by me... but 7 would have been insane. LOL Don't mind me... I am just thinking out load again :lol:

Is it possible for one or two to mature on their own? Or once you stop will you not O? Sorry I am kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Ana*Addey*OliveMommy July 27th, 2008 04:27 PM

:dothug: I am so sorry that your cycle was canceled. :dothug:

AprilBaby08 July 28th, 2008 06:13 AM

Sarah- thanks for the encouragement sweetie! I hope next cycle goes really well for us too.

Bobbie- I soooooooo wanted to keep going. I kept asking my nurse was there ANYTHING that can be done. At this point, we'd welcome multiples too LOL. I totally think they are more concerned with keeping their stats with multiple births low because of their reputation. You know how some clinics are. Heck, I was praying for at least 3 eggies to give me better odds.
I do hope some of them mature and release anyway because several were more than halfway there anyway. I've heard that when you have that much momentum it's kind of difficult to slow them all down, but I don't know. I'm just not sure how all of it works without a trigger.

AprilBaby08 July 28th, 2008 11:42 AM

OPK
Ok this test is not clearly positive, but I never get a positive on an OPK and this one is as positive as I have EVER had in my history with PCOS. I don't know whether to be happy or scared. What do you think ladies???!!!?!!

*Bobbie* July 28th, 2008 11:55 AM

Yep I soo know what you mean about their stats. When we went to our injectable class I think I was the only one with the *bring it on* attitude. I am pretty sure not another couple in the class even went the injectable route. They all seemed scared of even the idea of twins.... let alone high order multiples.

I am not sure about your OPK... I haven't used that brand. I have always had really good luck with the Answer brand 20 pack(dip... not mid stream). It does look like it is getting close.

I hope a couple of those eggs do their thing and that line turns into a BFP.

Good luck and loads of :dust:

Angel_Maker July 28th, 2008 03:19 PM

I'm so desperate at this point that I would BD even if there were 15 mature follies :lol: I'm a risk taker, what can I say??? :D

matl July 28th, 2008 05:33 PM

Sorry it was cancelled. I, too, would bd, but I am nuts too. I would not mind twins..... trips ok..... quads, I draw the line. lol.
Hope your next cycle goes as planned with a BFP.