JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   HCG/Trigger Shot (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1271513-hcg-trigger-shot.html)

jlk October 13th, 2008 07:11 AM

If you have any experience taking this medication, side effects, or advice you would like to share with others, please post here.

Celry October 14th, 2008 06:55 AM

I took my first hcg/trigger shot this weekend. It was nothing. I just grabbed some skin on my abdomen and pushed the needle in. I couldn't feel it at all. I couldn't even feel when I pushed the liquid in. Within a few minutes I could feel it warming up though and the area around the injection got a bit itchy. The next day the site was sore, like I had a bruise. I was already bloated from clomid, but the trigger shot made the bloat worse.

All in all, the shot was incredibly easy to do.

Kobain's Mommy October 14th, 2008 02:44 PM

I just had a bruise the next day from where the shot was done. My friend who's a nurse gave me the shot. I just got sore BBs from it and my ovaries were a bit sore as well.

leeaman7777 October 14th, 2008 09:47 PM

I just took my Ovidrel shot tonight 2 hours ago and I am feeling a little discomfort down in the ovary area already I think can this be normal?

EricsMom October 15th, 2008 02:02 PM

I found the trigger required a little more "push" than the Gonal pen. There was slight stinging when the liquid went in and then slight itching afterward, that was it.

Same as the other ladies my ovaries got senstive starting about a day afterwards.

leeaman7777 October 15th, 2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

I found the trigger required a little more "push" than the Gonal pen. There was slight stinging when the liquid went in and then slight itching afterward, that was it.

Same as the other ladies my ovaries got senstive starting about a day afterwards.[/b]

I had no feeling with the trigger what so ever as for itchy or stinging. I did find it a little hard to push in though... I had a slight cramping about an hour after trigger shot for roughly 30 mins and then nothing since and it is almost 24 hours later... Should I start to feel something soon?

babybatax2 November 30th, 2008 10:40 AM

DH did mine last night and my whole thigh is sore. No pain when the shot was done, just after.

iCandiCanbeMama February 28th, 2012 03:25 PM

Re: HCG/Trigger Shot

I got mine on friday morning. By friday evening i had slight cramping. Saturday i had pretty bad cramping and lower back pain. Also a big bruise appeared at the site of the injection. I felt nothing from the injection at all. Good luck everyone! :smile: