JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   HSG is complete!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1396021-hsg-complete.html)

~*Jackie*~ January 16th, 2009 02:49 PM

Well.. it's over. It was NOT FUN!! But I'm glad to have it done and have it BEHIND me (hopefully forever!) Without getting into details (TMI!!), we had a problem with the first speculum they tried, which caused them to have to use a second one. Big UGH. Once that was in place, I was already sore. Then came the fun with the catheter. Luckily, the first one they used (with the balloon) worked well. That was the painful part. I didn't feel much more discomfort with the dye, and then a few minutes later it was all over. I've only had some minor cramping this afternoon.

Another point of interest was the fact that I was lucky enough to have a student in there with us. He's in med school or whatever, so this was an observation for him. Let me tell you, what an uncomfortable thing to have to "show"! That situation actually helped me in the long run because the doctor (who was VERY nice) explained everything step by step to the other guy (who was younger than ME :blink:) and I knew exactly what they were doing and what to expect.

The doctor could only give me preliminary results, as they take the film and pictures to another area where they have really big screens to check everything. But the GOOD news is that the dye went all the way through and we had spillage on each side (which is GREAT). No blocked tubes!! I know I used to have a very small fibroid on my uterus and I totally forgot to ask him if he could see it. I'll ask my doctor next week. So that's good so far, and hoping the rest of the news will be great as well!! Now my plan is to ride out this cycle like usual (and hopefully end with a BFP :P). If I get pain with AF again (long story- it's been ongoing) then I have to go in to talk to my doctor about setting up a lap (which means another break from meds). If not, I'm going back to Clomid for a few cycles.

Holy cow was this long- I'm sorry!!

richmond_girl January 16th, 2009 04:12 PM

Yay Jackie!! I am so happy for you. I hope the HSG "cleared the way" and you get your :bfp: this month!!

Just_Marie January 16th, 2009 05:56 PM

Glad its over and those tubes are clear!

AJCB2004 January 16th, 2009 06:06 PM

Glad its over for you, its one of those tests I absolutely hate. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!!! Let us know as soon as you find out the results.

~*Jackie*~ January 16th, 2009 06:54 PM

Thanks, ladies!! It is just such a RELIEF to be done with it, and I hope I never ever have to do that again!

Kari_B January 16th, 2009 08:57 PM

Yeah! I'm glad it's over for you! I hope that you don't have to do the lap... that would suck! Hopefully you'll get your BFP right away after this HSG!!!

TTCagain January 17th, 2009 09:40 AM

Yay for clear tubes! :excited:

KMH January 17th, 2009 08:19 PM

Yay!! I'm so glad to hear that it is over and that the results look very favorable!! I think you are primed and ready for a BFP!

~*Jackie*~ January 17th, 2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Yeah! I'm glad it's over for you! I hope that you don't have to do the lap... that would suck! Hopefully you'll get your BFP right away after this HSG!!![/b]
Thank you! I hope I don't have to do the lap also... but with the last two AFs and pain, I am not sure.

Quote:

Yay for clear tubes! :excited:[/b]
Yay, thanks!

Quote:

Yay!! I'm so glad to hear that it is over and that the results look very favorable!! I think you are primed and ready for a BFP![/b]
Thank you!! I think you are right- it's definitely time to see two lines! :lol:

Angel_Maker January 18th, 2009 08:58 AM

YAY! I'm glad everything went well and that you don't have blocked tubes :excited: I hated my HSG and PRAY that I never have to have it done again! GOOD LUCK and I hope you get your :bfp: