JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   ICSI (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1408079-icsi.html)

heatherslittlesis January 25th, 2009 10:01 AM

Hello Ladies,

Has anyone done ICSI? I found out at my last appointment that we will do ICSI because of the low count that my DH has. How many embryos did you transfer? Thanks for your help.

Missy

TTCagain January 25th, 2009 10:18 AM

I kind of think Juli (richmondgirl) and her DH are.... (sorry Juli if I have that wrong!)

~April04~ January 25th, 2009 10:24 AM

We have to do IVF w/ ICSI but we won't be cycling in until April

kticesk8s January 25th, 2009 10:33 AM

I did IVF/ICSI twice --- 99% of the women at my clinic do ICSI if they are doing IVF.

richmond_girl January 25th, 2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

I kind of think Juli (richmondgirl) and her DH are.... (sorry Juli if I have that wrong!)[/b]
You are correct :) I am doing ICSI, TESE, and it appears every other 4 letter acronym that's available in the assisted reproductive technology world :blush:

We are transferring back 2 embryos. Since our issue is MFI and I'm relatively young for a female fertility patient, IF we get to the point of transfer our RE is pretty confident the embyros will take. So he is strongly recommending no more than 2. I think he would very happy if we only transferred one, but after everything we've been through, I can't take that chance. Plus, I would love twins and it would make this entire journey doubly worth it if we ended up with 2 blessings!!

ZaydensMomma January 25th, 2009 01:07 PM

We plan on doing ICSI if my DH's 2nd SA (sperm analysis) is still the same result as the first one.

frogftsh January 25th, 2009 04:01 PM

We are doing ICSI and assisted hatching with our IVF cycle which is on it's way now. I start my injections on Friday.

AJCB2004 January 25th, 2009 05:40 PM

We did IVF/ICSI back in 2003 we transfered 2 embryos and 1 took, now our IVF Princess will be turning 5 this coming Wednesday. :cloud9: Hope this helps and good luck.

ccwantsbfp January 25th, 2009 06:38 PM

Do you mind me jumping in on this because ICSI was suggested for us and I wanted to know what was your dh's SA look like? Ours have varied...the main issue seems to be the morph but the count also fluctuates...

jlk January 25th, 2009 07:23 PM

We did ICSI. I had two high grade embryos put back during my first pregnancy and only one took. My current pregnancy 2 mid to high grade embryos were put back in and both took.
As for my DH's issue he has very low count and not very good motility...many of them are slow buggers!

LisaB January 26th, 2009 02:36 AM

I'm a graduate from this board just popping in... I did ICSI (and PGD)... with great results! We only had 3 viable embryos, one of which wasn't growing so well we were told, so we transferred all three. All three implanted. There is a higher implantation rate with ICSI.

ETA - if you do PGD, you don't need assisted hatching (because the biopsy accomplishes the same thing). Otherwise we would have done assisted hatching as well.

Angel_Maker January 26th, 2009 02:46 AM

I did ICSI, transferred 2 PERFECT quality 5 day blasts, and got :bfn:

My FET in March will be with *hopefully* my 2 remaining 5 day blasts....GOOD LUCK to you!

BTW, DH's count and motility were "normal", but morph was less than 1%

Just_Marie January 26th, 2009 06:02 PM

We don't have MFI, so we won't be doing ICSI, and we'll be putting 2 embies back in four weeks!

deneice2004 January 28th, 2009 01:53 PM

We did ICSI for low count and motility. I had 18 mature eggs and gave 9 to a friend in need. I kept 9 and we had 8 fertilized. 7 continued to grow and on day 5 we had 2 blasts left. I am now 2dp5dt and hoping and praying it works!