JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Did I Post Here? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1791273-did-i-post-here.html)

Angel_Maker December 2nd, 2009 04:55 PM

Did I Post Here?

That DH and I are DONE with the RE and are whole-heartedly moving forward with adoption? I posted on my blog, but I didn't know if I wrote it here :confused:

Our home study is scheduled for January 5th!! There's absolutely no turning back!!! :D DH and I are very excited and I spoke to the guy that will be doing our Home Study last nite and he said that we should realistically expect to be matched within 6-8 months!!! We will definitey be getting our little boy!!!!

We were originally willing to give TTC one more try, but this Thanksgiving was SO HARD, especially with my SILs new baby there, that we decided that we want to assure that we have a baby of our own in our home next Thanksgiving.....Adoption is the guarantee that we've been praying for. I'm really excited about this and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!! :wub:

*CAMM* December 2nd, 2009 05:12 PM

Re: Did I Post Here?

Brandi this is great news!

Angel_Maker December 2nd, 2009 05:19 PM

Thanks Christin!!! Where are you in the process???

*CAMM* December 2nd, 2009 05:37 PM

Right now we are waiting to get our finger prints done. SW is supposed to call us in a few weeks to get them. A few weeks after that they will come to our house to talk and look over stuff and fill out a bunch of paper work. Next we have our official walk thru and then they submit us for licensing. We are looking at 6mths probably before we are licensed.

Im ok with that though. We still have quite a bit to do around here to get ready =)

pattyandthemoos December 2nd, 2009 05:38 PM

I am so happy for you Brandi. I can't wait to hear your adoption story. I am so excited for you guys!

redbirds December 2nd, 2009 05:46 PM

I knew you'd be a mama before next holiday! What a blessing you will be to your little boy, and vice versa. Are you looking for a particular age? I think I read in the Jan PR that you were looking at 12-18 months? What a fun age!!!

Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy December 2nd, 2009 05:50 PM

oh that is exciting news. After our rounds of IVF (we paid for two) if they don't work then adoption is next, because we just can't afford to keep paying for fertility treatments. If I have to wait, I would like a more concrete solution. I hope the time passes quickly for you. Its so exciting.

Angel_Maker December 2nd, 2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbirds (Post 18165349)
I knew you'd be a mama before next holiday! What a blessing you will be to your little boy, and vice versa. Are you looking for a particular age? I think I read in the Jan PR that you were looking at 12-18 months? What a fun age!!!

Thank you Gwynne :wub:

Yes, the program we plan to adopt through will allow us to adopt a child between 12-18 mo =)

We decided to go this route because it was cheaper, faster, and we could be gender specific :D

I absolutely CANNOT wait to hold my little boy!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy December 2nd, 2009 06:19 PM

wow. I may come to you because we want o adopt one way or another so we will do it eventually. Right now dh is hesitant though, he really wants at least one of his own.

TTCagain December 2nd, 2009 07:04 PM

I may PM you Brandi, b/c I am curious what kind of domestic program this is. I know we're in different states, though.

That is fantastic news and I am so excited and happy for you and DH! :party:

*CAMM* December 2nd, 2009 07:08 PM

I think the program she is going through is where children are removed by the state and parents have the option of signing over their rights for adoption instead of the children going to foster care. correct me if im wrong brandi!!

frankie December 2nd, 2009 07:19 PM

AWWWW Brandi that is wonderful news!! And if it takes 8 months look at it as your pregnant and just waiting to hold your baby boy in your hands!!!! Lots of luck and kup on this wonderful journey!!!

forest December 2nd, 2009 07:51 PM

That sounds wonderful!!! I will be keeping an eye on your blog and can't wait to read the post when you have you little boy at home. :)

rebeccabaltimore and more December 2nd, 2009 08:21 PM

I know you and I have both had devastating losses, but I am really excited to hear the good news, and by this time next year we'll both be mamas to living little ones!

Angel_Maker December 3rd, 2009 03:13 AM

Thank you girls :wub:

Christin, you are correct. This program is designed to keep little ones OUT of foster care!!! :D I'm so excited!!

Kari_B December 3rd, 2009 04:50 AM

Brandi I'm so excited for you guys to go through this while process. And we'll be kind of doing it together.... "cycle-buddies" right!!!!!

We are going to meet with a lawyer in a couple of weeks to see if we like her, otherwise I"m talking to a few agencies next week too. I also have quite a few friends of friends that have adopted that I'm waiting to hear back from and see where they went through. I'm getting excited about the whole process!!!

ttb1105 December 3rd, 2009 05:50 AM

Wonderful news, Brandi! I look forward to following your journey with adoption!

jmichelle77 December 3rd, 2009 07:16 AM

That is so great, Brandi! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to share in your joy with you when you hold that little boy in your arms! :wub:

HopeToBeAMom December 3rd, 2009 07:20 AM

Brandi, I am so excited for you! This is wonderful news. Next Thanksgiving and Christmas you'll be buying presents under the tree for your new baby boy!! Ahhhhhhhh how exciting!!!!!!!!

MommaLee December 3rd, 2009 07:26 AM

I'm excited for you too :D I hope you get a little one right away!