JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   What Kind Of Car.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1803784-what-kind-car.html)

Angel_Maker December 13th, 2009 04:44 PM

What Kind Of Car....

Do you have???? Do you like it? Will you need to get something different when you have babies?

I have a 2004 Toyota Rav 4 and I love it!! It's plenty big enough for a baby or two, so I will be keeping it as long as I can :wub:

DH has a 2009 Toyota Camry, and that too is great for a baby :wub:

suziequep December 13th, 2009 04:48 PM

Re: What Kind Of Car....

I used to have a Miata, but around the time we started thinking about TTC and when I moved back to the Midwest from Arizona (the convertible didn't like the snow very much - lol) we decided to get rid of it and get a 2006 Pontiac Vibe. Shortly after that...they stopped making them - lovely. I think it's a great car for kiddos though...now I just need the kiddos.

We also have a 2008 Chevy Malibu that we got as a wedding present from DH's parents. It is also a really great car for kids.

MommaLee December 13th, 2009 05:03 PM

I have a chevy trailblazer - it's paid off - and it'll be great for when the baby comes. It's got a DVD player waiting....

DH has a Toyota Tacoma 4-door and it'll be good for kiddos too.

~April04~ December 13th, 2009 05:26 PM

We just bought a 2010 Chevy Equinox because we needed something bigger.. I absolutely LOVE it!

We also have a 2007 Toyota Yaris - it's a great car but too small for road trips.

redbirds December 13th, 2009 05:37 PM

I have a jeep cherokee (98) and it is great for CO and OK for kids. I have one carseat in there now, and can certainly fit one more, but with the dogs and everything else (it is getting old), I am looking at a Chevy Traverse (I loved the Saturn Outlooks, but they don't make them anymore :( )

Kobain's Mommy December 13th, 2009 06:13 PM

I drive a Neon. It's ok for kids, but there's not much trunk space. Once it's paid off we are getting me a Nitro.

DH drives a Ram that will easily fit three car seats in it if we need to later on. Plus he's got a cover for the box so it holds a lot.

rebeccabaltimore and more December 13th, 2009 06:58 PM

I have a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. It's the Cadillac of minivans, I LOVE it! Dh loves his Scion TC, but it is too small for baby, so we are planning on buying a Subaru Forrester.

Oriyan December 13th, 2009 07:04 PM

I have an altima and DH has a malibu -- I am in the line for a "mom" car. Mine is too small.

Kari_B December 13th, 2009 07:48 PM

I drive a 08 Hyundai Santa Fe LE... which I LOVE :wub:

And DH has a 05 Monte Carlo - not so great for the kiddos once we have them. So we may think about getting Brian a new car after mine is paid off.

TTCagain December 13th, 2009 08:46 PM

I have a 2005 Honda Pilot. It's great for the two kids we have now, and it does have a 3rd row (that we never use) but honestly, I will get something bigger when we have a baby. I need something with a 3rd row that is accessible---in my Pilot, you have to climb over the middle row to get to the 3rd row, so it's pretty impractical.

I would love a Tahoe with bucket seats in the back :D

.H.e.a.t.h.e.r. December 13th, 2009 09:03 PM

family vehicle is a 2009 Ford Escape that we bought while TTC .

My vehicle is a 2004 KIA magentis (piece of poop)

Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy December 13th, 2009 10:12 PM

I drive a 2009 Nissan Altima, navy blue. I absolutely love it too.

DH drives a 2004 checy silverado long bed. i like it, but I can't reach to drive the thing, and I SUCK at parking it

LindseyMarie December 13th, 2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Londyn or Ryan's Mommy (Post 18297310)
I drive a Neon. It's ok for kids, but there's not much trunk space.

I have a Neon too! I drive a 2000 Plymouth Neon, and actually love my car. It IS small, but I have a britax marathon in it, and a BOB revolution that fits in the trunk, so it's not THAT small! :D

I want a dodge journey or a chrystler pacifica.

barbarella December 14th, 2009 07:55 AM

I have a 2005 citroen C4 which I really like and it's plenty big enough for when kiddies arrive

brynnkelley04 December 14th, 2009 08:12 AM

I have a 2004 Envoy with 3rd row seating. I love my car. At this time I have no plans to get anything else. Maybe I will evulate that when I get pregnant.

ttb1105 December 14th, 2009 11:46 AM

DH has a 2008 Chevy Suburban. We've got the captain chairs in the back and don't have the 3rd row seats in place. We will be good for 2 kids. :D

I've got a 2003 Infiniti G35. It's a great car, but probably will get a new car next year when the burb is paid off. It would be a good car until the kids grow and would need leg room in the car seat.

sharilyn December 14th, 2009 12:08 PM

I have a nissan pathfinder that we got while I was preggo with dd. and I love it! we were pretty sure that it would fit 3 carseats/boosters if we needed at some point, but we got a car seat that is huge...lol I'm pretty sure its comfy for dd but way too big

~InHisHands~ December 14th, 2009 06:10 PM

Toyota Solara Convertible & LOVE it. I wanted a convertible & one of the reasons we got this one was b/c it is a family car convertible... seats up to 4 so it will do for what we want. :)