JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   pregnancy after HSG? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1814633-pregnancy-after-hsg.html)

renu16sharma December 23rd, 2009 01:45 PM

pregnancy after HSG?

My doctor said that HSG increases the chances of getting pregnant. Anyone here got pregnant after HSG?

pattyandthemoos December 23rd, 2009 01:56 PM

Re: pregnancy after HSG?

I have heard this too. I am sure that it happens. I haven't had such luck but I think it can increase your chances.

~InHisHands~ December 23rd, 2009 02:22 PM

Both my sister & I did... within a few cycles of our HSGs but I think mine was more the Clomid than the HSG. My first HSG, I didn't get pg but it was the 2nd one that I did but with the 2nd HSG I was also using Clomid.

TTCagain December 23rd, 2009 02:41 PM

I didn't but I have heard that it is true. Actually, my nurse at my RE's clinic told me that she got pg the cycle after an HSG. :D

I have gotten pg the cycle after a laparoscopy twice now; I think it's the same idea, it cleans you out or something!

Good luck!

Pixie December 23rd, 2009 03:32 PM

I'm just lurking, but I got pregnant with my DS after having an HSG. I also started Metformin that cycle though.

rebeccabaltimore and more December 23rd, 2009 04:14 PM

I never ended up with an HSG since my problem was diagnosed pretty quickly, but I have heard a lot of women on boards like this who got pregnant within just a few cycles of their HSG.

Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy December 23rd, 2009 09:20 PM

I personally didn't and it was only one cycle later that we did an IUI

LindseyMarie December 24th, 2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTCagain (Post 18413300)
I didn't but I have heard that it is true. Actually, my nurse at my RE's clinic told me that she got pg the cycle after an HSG. :D

I have gotten pg the cycle after a laparoscopy twice now; I think it's the same idea, it cleans you out or something!

Good luck!

Ahhh your post gives me hope! I didn't concieve right away after my HSG, and my lap is Jan 5th. I hope this does it!

I have heard that an HSG ups the chances though! good luck!

jamie7 December 24th, 2009 05:18 AM

The nurse at my RE said that she has seen alot of women get prego after HSG. This is my second cycle since the HSG so it was not true for me :(

renu16sharma December 24th, 2009 07:50 AM

Thank you all for your reply. I think i should not have my hopes high. We are planing to do IUI next cycle. We fall under unexplained infertility.

Kari_B December 24th, 2009 10:13 AM

It does happen for some people... don't give up hope! Maybe with the HSG and your IUI the next cycle we can help you celebrate your BFP soon!

Angel_Maker December 24th, 2009 12:35 PM

Supposedly HSGs, Laps, and Ovarian Drilling increase your chances but none of that held true for me :(

My mom, however, never had regular cycles, so she had a D&C (just to clear things out) and she conceived me just a few weeks later... :lol:

Kobain's Mommy December 24th, 2009 08:22 PM

I had a modified HSG (I'm allergic to iodine so they had to use something else) in June and I got pregnant in August. Although our biggest issue TTC was a genetic one on DH's side.