JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   taking the plunge... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1879649-taking-plunge.html)

momma S February 18th, 2010 06:04 PM

taking the plunge...

Well, we were going to do IUI this month (#6) with injectables and after going in for my baseline U/S they found a 29mm cyst on one side and a 19mm on the other. I was devastated... but this made me do some hard thinking and we decided to pursue IVF. I had already found a clinic and had talked to them a couple months ago (we chickened out and tried IUI again). I set up an appointment which was today and we got all our testing done and I had a sonohistogram which looked good. Cysts are gone and it has only been a week!!! I have one follicle that was 16mm and I should be ovulating in a few days. Dr said I can start Lupron in 2 weeks providing my bloodwork comes back good and start my meds after that!!!! I am a little worried about ovarian reserve due to the fact I only had one follicle on 100iu of follistim for 7 days... he seemed a little concered that I only got one off that much med. I didn't think it was that much med but what do I know??? We will be doing ICSI due to low morph and he said he reccomends it even without low morph. I am sure I will have questions for you IVF girls as I progress! I pray to god this works. We are really only getting one chance at this since it is about $15,000. We could swing some frozen cycles if I get any snowbabies, but not sure about a whole fresh cycle again. I will say I feel a sense of relief. We are giving it everything we have and I just need it to work.

~*Jackie*~ February 18th, 2010 06:34 PM

Re: taking the plunge...

Wow how exciting!!! Our story with IVF is the same- DH has lower morph than my RE wants so we are doing ICSI and this is our only shot due to the costs as well. Hopefully this will bring you your much desired baby! :wub:

redbirds February 18th, 2010 07:01 PM

Good luck with this! It's always good to have a decision made and I pray that this one is ALL you need for that beautiful, healthy bfp :) Keep us posted as you go through the journey!

LindseyandJoeinAL February 18th, 2010 07:15 PM

Good luck to you! I think IVF is very exciting and I hope it just takes you one time to get a beautiful and wonderful BFP!

Kari_B February 18th, 2010 09:48 PM

Lots of luck to you as you start down the IVF road!!!! Hope those in injects do just the trick to get you the follies you need! ;)

momma S February 19th, 2010 05:55 AM

Thanks Ladies! I really hope this is the right decision.

Kari- Thanks again! Hoping they work miracles!