JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/)
-   -   Hi...I'm new here :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f74-trying-to-conceive-medical-assistance/1884049-hi-im-new-here.html)

JacksonsMommy030409 February 22nd, 2010 01:43 PM

Hi...I'm new here :)

I'm Holly, I was on this board a LONG time ago (before I got pg with my son) and I'm back.

My son, Jackson, was born in March, in May my husband and I started trying for the next one. I knew it would be hard for me to get pregnant again so I didn't use any birth control at all. Fast forward 9 months and here we are, no BFP, and my last AF was in October. My cycles are so jacked up, I pretty much don't ovulate on my own and we don't know why.

I just got home from an appointment with my OB-GYN, I have a prescription for Provera that I'll start tonight and a prescription for 50mg Clomid (days 5-9). I go back on CD21 to get a blood draw to check my progesterone to see if I ovulated.

I am sporting a nice big bruise from a blood draw. I'm nervous about the results (that I should get back sometime in the next few days) but glad to get things moving.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you :)

Kari_B February 22nd, 2010 02:17 PM

Re: Hi...I'm new here :)

Hi Holly, welcome back! I just have to say that your little boy is absolutely adorable!!

I'm sorry about the crazy cycles, hopefully with the provera and some clomid they can get your to start ovulating again. I have the same problem. I don't O on my own and have to trigger if I want to.

How did you get pregnant with your DS? Did you use any MA then, if so how long did it take you?

pianogirl February 22nd, 2010 02:44 PM

Hi Holly, My name is Michelle. Sorry you are here again but welcome! Hopefully you can get your cycles all straightened out and you will see a BFP soon now that you are starting ma.

JacksonsMommy030409 February 22nd, 2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kari_B (Post 19161029)
Hi Holly, welcome back! I just have to say that your little boy is absolutely adorable!!

I'm sorry about the crazy cycles, hopefully with the provera and some clomid they can get your to start ovulating again. I have the same problem. I don't O on my own and have to trigger if I want to.

How did you get pregnant with your DS? Did you use any MA then, if so how long did it take you?

Hi, Thanks!
With Jackson we tried a year by ourselves then I took Clomid. The first cycle worked but I miscarried very early. The next cycle, the Clomid didn't do anything and it was 2 months before I got my period. The next month I decided I needed a break, didn't take Clomid, DTD ONE time that month...and got pregnant. So cliche right? The clomid got me to ovulate on my own without taking it so I'm hoping it will work this time too! We tried 16 months for Jackson all together. He is totally worth it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pianogirl (Post 19161453)
Hi Holly, My name is Michelle. Sorry you are here again but welcome! Hopefully you can get your cycles all straightened out and you will see a BFP soon now that you are starting ma.

Hi Michelle! I'm hoping it will be sooner than later but who knows! Thank you for the welcome!

Jessie0505 February 22nd, 2010 06:00 PM

Welcome! im Jessie...im sorry about your cycles hopefully they even out for ya and it takes alot less time this time around! :)

Kari_B February 22nd, 2010 06:12 PM

Well here's hoping for another clomid baby miracle!

KMH February 22nd, 2010 06:24 PM

Welcome to the board, and I hope you are sharing your BFP pics very soon!

KDD February 22nd, 2010 06:51 PM

:welcome: Holly! I'm Kimberley I look forward to getting to know you.

angel3y35 February 22nd, 2010 07:00 PM

Hi I'm Paige. Look forward to getting to know you